Apr 23, 2008

The Melody of My Demise...

I don't know why I am disturbed.
I just know I am.
Hell! Its been long.
I wish to see him.
He may not love me.
But i do love him.
He has not yet seen me
or that we talked.
Virtual meeting does not mean anything.
To him or to me.
And the end is near.
Mine.
And he does not know that.
Or does he?
Has my friend talked?
May be he has ,may be he has not.
51 weeks more.
And then..

Ah! There he is.
He had to wait.
Till i was in here.
In my death bed.
Sitting near me,
he was trying to smile.
How beautiful!!
He should know it.
I tried to tell him that.
But, my voice is gone.
And this seems to be my 'Last Day'.
In the frustration,
my eyes filled.
Overflowed.
Streamed.
Well,where was my voice wen I needed it???

She is crying.
She should not be.
I cant love her.
But I like her.
And she wont die,I want her to live.
Hell! I had to meet her the first time,
in her Bed.
Death Bed.
What a coincidence!!!
'My Swadhesh Wali is fine.'
I told her.
'And I too am.
And relax'
'You r gonna live.
I've arranged for it.'
She is trying to say something...
Oh God!!
Why did you take her voice away??
It could have been anything else,
but her voice.


I am having trouble breathing.
If only telepathy cud work...
It wont.
Wen i need it urgently.
I will tell him whatever I want to before I die.
Pulling off the needle on the wrist,
it pained.
Wrote on the bed.
'Get a slate.'
The docs ran to her.
Her hand stopped them.
Her stamina, even now, was obvious.
The slate was produced.
And, a pencil.

'You look handsome.
And I hope your Swadeshwali loves you.
I love you too.
But never had a chance to show it.
Believe me,I am saying this here.
In my death bed.
I love you.
And take care of yourself.'
I looked up to see what he felt.
I cud see a tear in his eye.
And he nodded.
And that was enuff.
I can die peacefully.
I tried to write gud bye.
But, my hands are becoming weak.
And shaking.
Dammit!!!
It had to be now.

And suddenly she started to shake.
Violently.
And then fell back.
And closed her eyes.
With a silent
and sudden shiver,
Life has left.
and I had to see it.
I was out from the altar.
It is my wedding.
And...she chose to go today.
Dammit!!!
It had to be now.
And like a baby,
he cried.

3 comments:

Mya said...

oh my gudness...it's heart meltin..
Ur words made me feel it real.. Simply great Joe! Yo poems steal my time :)

Durga Nandan said...

Thanks dear.. :) its nice to know u do enjoy my poems.. and feel sumthin real.. :)

Surya said...

Pranam.....

Death is a property on which I only have the monopoly to make a profitable business is what is the truth....

Here somebody, without knowing that truth stealing my business in vain!