Jun 17, 2008

My Alma Mater...:)


It has been long since I blogged. not exactly deliberate.. but u know, it just happened that I did not blog. Life is moving on.. not the best. not the worst. but had been better. had been worse.

khair! aise nahi hotha tho life ko life kyu bulaye? So.... Life goes on.. and I guess I love it the way it is.. [not quite sure..]

This time I wud like to tell u abt my college and my relationship with it....

Wen,I was abt to leave my college for a btr oppurtunity,the class mates there,they had been by then attatched to me... [tho it was only 3 weeks I had spent with them.] and a bunch of them asked me not to leave.. The teachers congratulated me,for the achievement. But asked me if I cud continue.. I really liked wat I was doing then [still do..] . But didnt want to lose an oppurtunity like that. So, I said, I will be going.. And they didnt press me again...
Then,my friends there,they asked me wen I will be leaving. I told them the date and was like a bit sad leaving such wonderful ppl. But I thot I was determined. The day before the counselling, the last day at my college, they surprised me with a farewell gift!!! and I tell u,that is wen I felt I was breaking a lot of hearts wen I was leaving. It was a revolving broken red heart. A crack rit in the middle and had perfume being sent out from that crack. It sang a song with lyrics that asked me 'why I thot of leaving.' And then.. I had rethots.. But it was too late to change my decision. The counselling was just a day away. That day, last hour, the principal Sr. Rose Dheera, called me to her cubicle. And asked me if I was determined.[that is wen I knew it was some kind of a college issue, me leaving...] I said, yes somewat. And then,she spoke to me for an hour and at last I said,may be I will rethink abt it n tell u.
I cud not reject the whole college asking me not to leave... it was like I was already bonded to a place where I had just spent some three weeks. The next day, I didnt go for the counselling. I went to the college instead. and it was not an exaggeration, I was greeted with the fervor of a chief guest. And the princy called me to her cubicle to congratulate me on my decision to stay. And it was only later, I came to know, the farewell gift was an idea to keep me bak.. to try n retain me.. My teachers here are just like my didis. They know wat I am and encourage me wen am in need. They scold me [which is more than often..] wen I step out of the line. But still know, I will excel. And guide me.
I like being here. For one, I had a lot of exposure. I met some ppl who have made a mark in my heart, in my professional aims, in my character... I realized my worth. I met my mentor. Realized wat my goal is and is leading me to it. I dont say it is "heaven". It has its own demerits. But, this place really has done something for me,my Alma Mater!!

No comments: