Dec 11, 2008

A Promise For Life.

The vermilion,
that reddened my hair.
A promise,
you gave me for life.

The redness of my pallu
and my tress.
A hope for tomorrow,
a hope for life.

You came in. Smiled.
And kissed my face.
Smoked a cigarette,
and left me there.

Wondering
what was going on,
I waited,
for you to come again.

And then came in,
two giants of wealth.
Together they did,
the unwell in bed.

My screams went unheard.
My tears unseen.
My prince charming,
didn't come to save me.

And then,
after the thunder and lightening,
my pallu was down,
my tress, disturbed.

The vermilion matched,
the red of my legs.
And my promised life,
was crystal clear.

2 comments:

Anand Prakash said...

nice one- vermilion matched with the red color
i adore your well told story

Durga Nandan said...

:)