Dec 31, 2008

My Recession Thoughts.. :(

Man, I wonder if recession is gonna occur like the old American recession in 1980s.. If it happens.. God knows we are doomed. It is dry on job front. :( Seriously dry. Internationally that is.. India is not yet hit. That much. But it will affect us too.. I donno why it came down when most of the youth like me are just into the job front.. Seriously downtrodden.. I am upset. In the sense.. Well, even anyone who is placed, are out of call letters.. Cos the companies are not recruiting anymore.

Compromise would be the manthra I guess.. On the field, salary, firm, location and everything else. But sometimes, it goes right over the 'adamant youth's' head. And I see many people accepting defeat. Not the right thing, of course. But most youth are too damn ambitious that they accept nothing less. Well, I was one, for one. Now, I just don't think things come over just like that.. May be, I should just get a bit practical. I just thought a lot of stuff was 'in store' for me.

For me, its fine.. I am still right under the roof of my dad and mom.. But, I see people.. who had started a life for themselves. And then, suddenly, they know they don't have a job anymore. With..wife. And may be, even kids..

Govt job, is secure. Not at all a bad idea to be in that sector now. I mean public sector banks, and everything that is public sector. You don't have to be on tenterhooks on being fired any moment.. Two more years.. And it would have hit India. And jobs would be down. And so, a degree taken in the meantime, would not have much +ves to be noticed.. See, now, it has hit small places. And it would grow.. And hit the whole scene.. Many "small places" don't have placements anymore. Students don't even have projects. But what I was saying is.. It hit this kinda small places now.. It would grow for certain. And by the time, they are out, man, they would still be jobless. But yeah, depends on what job you would accept.

I am now on a mindset to accept anything. But most youth have been living extravagantly, that they cant adjust now. Wonder why people make so big a fuss about their pay. People like me wont get it.. I can live without much fuss.. I use money if I have it.. Otherwise, I just don't give a damn.. But there are people who got used to this.. Lot of money that is.. and single life.. and freedom. And sometimes, people expect things from them.. You cant blame them.. But some just cant accept it.. That they have to change their lifestyle. Well, most accept defeat. And recluse.

Someone said,"I think that if you enjoy what you do and if you have enough aptitude, money will come to you. Chase money and you will never have enough."

Take the job that comes handy right now. You sure can resign on a better job. Chuck it when you are in a position to. I hope it doesn't just make it like the old recession stuff in the 80's.. If it does.. I still have no idea.. :( I am freaked at the thought.

4 comments:

Dinesh G said...

Durga Nandan said (quoting someone): "I think that if you enjoy what you do and if you have enough aptitude.."
Ray Kroc (founder of McDonald's) said: "If you work just for the money, you'll never make it, but if you love what you're doing, and always put the customer first, success will be yours."

Durga Nandan said: "I am now on a mindset to accept anything." TO which, Smokecanopy said: "If you are interested in getting into the ad field as a copywriter, let me know. After all, I like your writing and I see a potential in you. And recession needn't be bad for everyone."

Dinesh G said...

Ok, I take back the offer. I think I scared the daylights out of you. Sorry! For the past 1 month, I've been rummaging through blogs after blogs in search of potential junior copywriters for my company. Let me know if you know someone who is worth my while.
Please delete this message after you read it since I don't want to spam your blog/ use it as a recruitment medium.

Keep writing, I will keep reading!

Durga Nandan said...

hey!!! I m already on search! [:)] seriously.
i had nt seen it as this blod does nt have moderation facilities activated. and it takes more to scare me. :P
why dont we get in touch about this? may i add u on orkut?
ok. i am adding u. [:)]

Dinesh G said...

Hey that's great! I added you in Orkut. Contact you there!