Dec 6, 2008

Ode to My Mobile.

Lying on my table,
I see that beautiful thing.
Curvy little body
and lovely little attatchment.

I owe this thing a lot.
More than three years of life.
Of friendship and pride.
My mobile, yes! I owe that lot.

That little pink hut,
heavier and larger than it,
I have always wanted to be there.
with my hubby and make love.

That little screen that buzzed,
lighted up and vibrated on calls,
always meant I was never alone.
Alone, in the crowd.

You woke me up.
You sang to me.
You winked at me.
And found time for me.

Yet, today,
when you lie shattered,
in four pieces,
- the hut,
the front,
the back and the body,
I find my filled eyes searching.
For at least a hint of life.

When I find that nothing is left,
I feel like dying.
Remembering those days,
When you shut yourself,
as I lay in the hospital bed.
With broken and dislocated bones.
A disfigured face..

Oh my sweet mobile!
My friend, My soul,
I wish you were immortal.
I wish life went on and on for you.
I wish I could shut myself up.
And go on a strike.
Till you woke up.
Till you gained life.

I wish, I could die with you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so sad.. :(

Ashwin said...

great... evything u expressed is true

Durga Nandan said...

:)