Jan 20, 2009

Moi, Ms DumbHead.

One of these days, I wished someone for his budday, on the wrong date. I knew the date. And had verified it twice on my mob calender. But! Some hallucinations and my always-confused mind later, I just decided it was already his budday. I realised it only hours later, that I had wished someone on the wrong day. It was then, that I thought about the lot many stupid things I have done in my life.

Once, I saw ants in the plastic container my mom kept sugar, in. I promptly took it and put it on the kinetiser, as that was the only thing my mom let me touch in her kitchen, back then. And left to do something else.. thinking "All you stupid ants! You are gonna die. hahaha!!"
Of course, it was a messy goo by the time I realised my mistake.
And needless to say, I had a nice time scrubbing the kinetiser. :(

Recently, I was coming home from Ernamkulam. Had to board a bus to Thrissur. As I looked at the buses that were on the stand, I found one with Thrissur written on it. The bus started moving. As I happily sat in it munching potato chips, my dad called.
"Where are you?"
"Donno. Got into a bus to Thrissur."
"Ask someone where the bus is now."
I enquired. And the lady next to me, told me a place I have never heard of.
As I did further enquiry, I learnt that it was heading Trivandrum. Exactly the opposite direction of where I should have been going. The board on the bus, had mentioned the place it was coming from.
Well, I really did reach home that day.

When I was a child, I tried gardening. My very friendly neighbour gave me a shoeflower stump for a start. Even after days, that thing didnt show any sign of growing.
I went over and told her.
"Hey chechi, that one is not growing roots. It is not growing at all."
Dumbfounded, she asked. " How do you know it has not grown roots?
"I pull it up everyday and check!" I replied as if it were the obvious.

Once, I tried making tea. Mom was busy with something in the other room. So, I was asking her for directions and doing it. The water was on the kinetiser, boiling..
"How many glasses of water mom?"
"One."
"Milk?"
"One"
"Sugar?"
"With the spoon inside, 2 spoons."
"Tea?"
"With the spoo...."
"Ok. Got it. Thanks"
I put in two spoons of tea leaves as well. For those who still have no idea what went wrong, the tea was so strong, that it tasted real bitter.
Mom later added milk and sugar and made it "drinkable".

2 comments:

smokecanopy said...

Never knew people can be so stupid. Dang, if only you never got down from that bus and went the other way up till Trivandrum (Oolampaara, to be precise), so that this planet stood saved from such stupidities.. Aarghhh.... [:D] [:P]

Durga Nandan said...

Njan Povulla!!! :P [I go not!! :P]