Jan 15, 2009

We are actually, Nothing. :)

Sometimes I wish, I could dissolve into nothingness.
Love, to whomever it is, makes you vulnerable. It is a weak point. be it your bro, your friend, your love, your parents... Whoever.
Life is a play of dice. You believe you will get a six on all three. But you end up with less most of the time. Once if you get six on all three, by the so called "luck", the next result will surely disappoint you.
I wish happiness was the only emotion in the world. Though it becomes monotonous then, it would be a satisfied world.
People are mad. Merrymaking when they are nearing death every minute. Of course, being sad, wont make a difference.
Tell you what! There is no meaning in life. Just living on like they rule the world. That is what humans do. Whereas, even their own life is not something they can control. They are nothing. Even I am.
Btw, So, have I not succeeded in dissolving to nothingness? :D

2 comments:

Dinesh G said...

Nothingness means the absence of consciousness or the absence of existence - death. Hence, even by our farthest stretch of imagination, I don’t think anyone can dissolve to nothingness. Love, fate, luck, happiness… all these are emotions that create the ‘I’ – the consciousness. Aham Brahmasmi (I am Brahman) says Yajurveda. I is the consciousness, Brahman is the universal absolute (call it God). So we cannot be differentiated from God. If we dissolve to nothingness, God too dissolves to nothingness; it cannot be. And emotions are necessary fuel to sustain our consciousness. We rue when we run out of them and try hard to fill our lives with them. Again and again. After all, the vehicle needs fuel to move. If the fuel gets over, we refill. Life lies in refilling. So we make merry. And look upon every anniversary as a milestone instead of a tombstone. I too agree with your idea that it is insane to celebrate when we are nearing death by the minute. But then, a more positive viewpoint would be, we are racing to be one with the universal absolute. Which calls for a celebration!

Durga Nandan said...

I was in a very bad mood while I typed this out. :)

I would rather say, "Aham Brahmaamsha Asmi". If that was not the case, the world would solely depend on my soul. The other souls are also amshas of the Parabrahma.
Sometimes, you just feel like you would better not exist. That is all I meant here. :)

PS- God, philosophy kills me when I am sane. :D