Mar 28, 2009

New pets home!

Dad got home some birds today. :D :D :D My! I am sooo happy. :)))) And I thought dad hated pets. :) Seriously.. He used to beat up every dog n cat out here if they happened to come to his compound. May be, he has a particular liking to birds. :D

They are sooo lovely.. A green one with black spots, an orange one with brown back, and two yellow ones with black heads. I do not have any idea what they are called. I mean, I tried searching net for the name. Could not find it. N dad particularly forgot to ask. :(

Been chirruping the whole day. And I have been happily listening to them. They sound something like 'tweek tweek' and I have a feeling I have seen those kinda birds somewhere before..

Felt bad at first. Li'l things in a cage.. N seemed scared of the new surroundings.. Dont they deserve their freedom? I had a sudden urge to open the door and let them fly. When I told dad, he said since we dont harm them but care for them, it is ok.. And they may have been eaten by something even if left outside. Well, that settles it. And I dont feel like letting them go now. :)

Somehow, they did not take in anything processed.. :) I tried rice, dosa n all that. :D Got a nasty 'nah' from them. :) Not even a 'cut' guava or apple. But a whole grain, now, that was a 'Yes'. :) N so, now feeding them with grains and water. Anyways, that is what those people asked us to do. :)

And now, those teeny weeny things are trying to get a nap. :) Typing out ever so softly so as not to disturb them. :) One of them, [I donno which] even slightly snores!!! :-o It's hard to believe birds could snore. But well, now I do. :)

Chweet things.. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! didnt know that birds snore too. At my home, all of us hate pets. Except my sister ofcourse (she feels that dogs in street follow her because they see affection and love in her eyes for them :-O)

Onward said...

pets eh!!...how i miss my rocky right now!!....paavam...if only he were alive...take good care of ur birds ok...dont want them to go the way rocky went..for ur sake..;-)..

Durga Nandan said...

@ Ramya : Hehe.. One day, may be they will 'express' their love n she will understand why they really follow her. [;)]
:) Yup. It seems they snore..

@ Ami : :) Yup though I am very bad at pet care, I am trying my best. Incidentally, dad said yesterday, "I have never seen you love anything other than yourself so much". Does that make sense? ;)

rameez said...
This comment has been removed by the author.