Mar 17, 2009

Seats and Thotz.

In school, our teachers experimented with the seating arrangement of students of our class and they stay in my mind like plaque.. Well, not bad as a plaque, but guess they will stay in my mind forever. :)

It starts off in 4th, from Sivadasan sir, [the one with a long fingernail on his lil finger who pinched me with it for the silliest mistakes I made in English] who put kids who were good at studies and the ones who were 'not so good' together, in the expectation that the ones who are good would help the ones who are not. He was our class teacher and English was his subject of concern then.
Well, I remember I was left standing with a gal who was so verrrrry arrogant and nasty at the end. We were the last ones. And of course, I had to sit with her and try to get some sense into the talks. Poor thing must have found my arrogance an unavoidable trouble. Not that I was too good at studies as well. Even then, I was just average. Seriously. But then , I think he had no other choice. :D

Then my mind races to the class near the bathroom in the ground floor[as my friend asserts :D ], where C.P. Janaki ma'm, put gals n guys together. As in, alternate benches of guys and gals. But those days, it was the max we got close to each other I guess. That was in 8th. :D Whoa, that was exactly the time when the curiosity about the opposite gender starts off.. :) Well, needless to say every single person might have enjoyed the seating. I personally did. I was in proximity to a crush of mine. :P hahaha!! Cant help laughing now that I think back. :D
Well, she had to get us back to our old ways like Tuglak, cos we made the class a mess if I remember correctly.

Then comes Manikandan sir, who asked us to arrange the desks and benches in an amphitheatric form. Well, the class was small and we were 60. Those from all batches with Sanskrit on their minds had to remain in the same class. Hence the large number. Ah, I remember, we used to enjoy being together though. I remember how the teachers started looking forward to our classes and how they praised our class to be the best among all the sections. [Of course, IF someone from the other sections is reading this, I am sure he or she would oppose me. But trust me dude, teachers personally mentioned that in our class once in a while. :) :P]
That arrangement had to be rearranged back to the old one soon cos teachers could not walk in between the desks to reach the last rows n all. The class was not amphi-like n anyway. :) It was squarish. Hence the trouble. Esp the ones who were a bit longer sideways. :D

Then, arrangements according to height, [where I always came at last cos of my height.] numbers, [this was my fav, I ended up somewhere in the second bench then.. ].. Waawaa!.. :( Miss you school!!!

And there... My mind races to the day I came over to college where you could sit anywhere. Oh damn, I sat in the front bench, first seat, [That is my most preferred seat even now.] till I knew how the gal next to me was. Was so very 'imaginative' about life and too full of herself. Exaggeration was her middle name. Slowly switched to the middle bench.. But the college could not give me memories like my school did. At least not good ones..

11 comments:

Gayathri said...

you moron,..when you criticize others,you could have put up the positive part too,that a very understanding and friendly girl was sitting beside you in the most cherished and memorable 10C,manikandan sir's class..(rem,i was ur only neighbor then!!!) :D

Durga Nandan said...

damn gal, did i pass on the narcissistic bug onto u the last time we met?? :-o
u sound like me. :P
yeah, i had a heck of a time.[poor me, had no choice. :( :P] :D

Durga Nandan said...

:D selective Alzheimer. :P
gosh, how i miss irritating u. :D

Gayathri said...

selective amnesia you should say.. check up with a psychiatrist soon.. man,10c was the best in 12 yrs..

Durga Nandan said...

i agree with u on something finally. :P we rokked!!!
must be the first in what? decades? :D

Gayathri said...

yeah must be..first in 1.5 decades..lool.. we all became oldies huh!! the girl who sat by my side just coz our dads made us to..the lanky nasty girl who made my every expedition to school,a nightmare!!! looool...i miss that all though.. :D

Durga Nandan said...

i wasnt nasty. u were dammit!!!x-(
lanky! my foot! u r jealous u one foot round elephant!

on second thots, lets have a private fight n settle this. :P
g3, i love fighting with u! :D muah!!!

Gayathri said...

lool... fights and tiffs had been the most inevitable part of our relationship man.. there would have been no g3-joe frndship without fights!!

Onward said...

CATFIGHT!!!....girls hold on...just me enuff time to comment and then u can get back to ur argument!!:)

i personally prefer the last bench..coz thats where i spent most of my college life..well i spent most of it outside the class but whateva i spent within it..i spent in the last bench..so u hoity toity first benchers i just dont understand...!! school on the other hand, was always middle row , middle bench..!! that way i always knew wat was goin on in every bench..

fun read di..brought back a few memories..:-)

ok now carry on gals!!

Dutta said...

Memories associated with seat arrangements are really special and funny .... Nice thing you posted on ...

Keep posting .. !!

Durga Nandan said...

@ Amith : Hehe.. :) For your kind info amith, I fight with everyone the same way. :P
No bias. Guy or gal. :)
Should you categorize it as 'CAT FIGHT' then? :P
And btw, you talk like Vinu da.. :)
Suddenly 'really glad' to meet you. :P ;)

@ Som : Thanks for reading out my crap Som.. Happy it could bring out some memories from past.. :)