Mar 2, 2009

That Face I Search For..

As night falls, I remember the day we first met.. Those moments still etched in my mind..
It was more than a meeting. It was our first moment of happiness. The slums of my life and the dirt of your gang, they would have never matched normally. But there, we saw a weird match. Of the unmatchable.
My eyes may have found the drop of tear you always hid. Your eyes, the drops of my sweat. Or was it the other way round? Or did we find each other? I only remember the night falling and the dissolving of 'you' and 'me', into 'Us'.
My hands, didn't have to probe, to find those blisters on yours. And you didn't either cry out at the hardness of my hands..
Words were not enough to communicate.. Silence spoke for us. The silent night became the silent witness for our weird meeting.
Night saw souls meeting, hands probing and minds racing.

We parted. That was the last time we met. I had to get back to my slum and lot. You moved on with your gang.
Still I search in the crowds for a face. That face that taught me to love and care.
One day we will see again. Yes. I hope to. :)

6 comments:

Dinesh G said...

"the slums of my life and the dirt of your gang.." - feels like Marquez... Now that's the best compliment I've showered on someone in a long time.

Durga Nandan said...

:) Thanks DeeGee..
Means a lot to me.. :)
You know what? Sometimes, after I write out, I wonder how these things could have come from my mind..:)

Anonymous said...

You write so really well! This one is really beautiful! love it sweety :)

Durga Nandan said...

thanks sweetheart.. :)
i am happy that once in a while i do write things worth reading.. :)

Onward said...

i keep lookin up on ur other blogs and they r never updated and i always miss this one. And as always its fun reading what u write and in this case "BEAUTIFUL".

Now, so that i dont miss out on any of ur entries , u r being BLOGROLLED.

cheers

Durga Nandan said...

Thanks.. :)
My blogs are updated at different levels of mental states.. When I am moody, you get Durga.
When I am happy, you get Crumbs updation.
And normally, its just random thotz.. :)

Cheerz!
Jo