Apr 1, 2009

Helpless me. Help this birdie!

Just days..
And you have taken my heart,
-my Birdie!

I wont let you go,
I will hold onto you.
I know you are acting healthy.
But the feathers that fall,
tell a different story.
The sore on your head,
painful; pains me.

I can see the others,
preening, cuddling and ruffling.
trying to help you,
trying to protect you.
God knows from what!

I feel helpless.
So very helpless.
My 'developed' skills feel mocked.
My human speech, impaired.
I cant understand you.
Your fears. Or ailments.
I feel crippled.
I cant be with you when you need me.
What good is that friend?
What good am I?

Should I just let you out?
But will you survive?
Or perish in the chaos of nature?
Or would you want to be here?
And try your luck in here with me?
I do not know how to help you dear...
I have never been this helpless in past, near.

But, hold on.
A teeny weeny bit more.
Lemme try everything I can.
We will make it back to health.
Right back to health!

MY Birdie,
Just hold on.
We will make it.
Right back to health! :)

2 comments:

Balaji said...

Nice, great command over language.

Durga Nandan said...

:) Thanks Balaji..