Apr 30, 2009

Today something really surprising happened. I was walking on the pavement on the way to my office. A guy was coming from the opposite side. And at a point on the way, there was space only for a single person to pass. And we met exactly at that point. As usual, I stood back to let him pass cos otherwise I knew he would not miss that opportunity to touch me while passing. But surprisingly, he moved aside and motioned with his hand asking me to pass. I was so flustered by that courtesy that I could only mutter a feeble thanks. He smiled in reply.

I am sure that was not a Mallu.
But he certaily looked like one. :(

11 comments:

Gayathri said...

why are you so damn sure that the guy is not mallu? u think mallus lack the chivalry??

InConvincible said...

hey! btw wats wrong with mallus (i guess malayalams) ??

Jatin said...

Hey wats so strange in dat i do it every time i come across such a situation..Just to make the gals feel that ther are good guys !!(like me for instance) :P

Durga Nandan said...

Ah! Show me another mallu guy who would do this g3. :)
And never have I had such an incident in my life. All those times they were eager to brush past.
And mind it, there was no age bar.

Durga Nandan said...

@RK : Nothing is wrong. Never found a guy doing this in the past. Either they are all in a hurry, or they are happy to pass at the same moment.

@Jithendra : Good for u jith. :)

Amrita~Ams said...

mallu se kya prob??

Durga Nandan said...

kuch nahi. :) May be it is the same in other states as well. :?
That must be why I get such reactions? Donno. :)

rameez said...

hey joe, there are non-sicko mallus (majority?)as well..
its unfair to generalise like that...

Durga Nandan said...

Been seeing proof of that from the moment I wrote this thing.
Yes, I met people who are nt sick. :)
And been meeting them continiously. May be, I was just blind. :)

a j said...

yeah u were :P
but how could u miss ME? even if you ere blind????

Durga Nandan said...

oh. i dont miss u. :P
and i didnt miss u. the list never had u. :P
buahuahahaha! :D