Aug 9, 2009

Crisis

Today morning, amma, appa, me and sis were having a chat over coffee.
And it turned to our futures.

Amma : Soon, you will be married off.
Me : A bad topic.
Sis : You really should get married soon.
Me : Yeah, you are next in line, so the hurry. Right?
Sis : Nah, It will take another five years after yours.
Me : Then?
Sis : The sooner you are out, the longer they [pointing dad and mom] will get, to get over the financial crisis cos of the amount they have to finally pay so that someone would agree to marry you. *tongue out*
Me : Cross. *tongue out*
Appa and Amma : Laughing their heads off. :-|

After two secs of a cross face, when I could control myself no more, I joined the laugh. :P

2 comments:

AnjuGandhi said...

i often wonder why a girl's marrige leads to financial crisis for parents? whereas this is not the case with Boy's marriage/

Durga Nandan said...

No dear anjuji..
It aint anywhere related to money or dowry. They were just pullin my legs.. :)
And my parents would have said the same be it a guy or gal. :)
I have had all the resp and duties of a boy child, may be more than a boy, always :)

And Anon,

:P :P