Aug 18, 2009

MAH DAD!! :)

After toiling for long, I cook something and bring it on plates for my dad and sis. Sis takes her plate. Mutters a thanks..
Dad, does not even stop playing something stupid on his mob. Does not look up from the mob!! Man! He got guts!!!

"OK! Take hold of this or I am gonna take it right back!" An angry me.

"..... ... "

"You get hold of this, or it is going back!! Do you hear me??!!!"

".... ... ..."* Hands on my hip. Typical fuming Indian lady. *

"..... clickety clickety click!...."

"Fine! I am taking it back! " :-| That indignant look [Friends call it a scowl, 'smiley face'.. :P ]. The look I am 'famous' for.

"Click! click!"

No reaction! Not even a look at me!!
I walk back mumbling about how men deserve Nothing!! Putting the plate on the dining table, I shout "OK. Have it when you want. Dont let it get cold!"
And return to our foyer.
Thinking of settling down with something, I look around.
Someone looks up.

"Yeah. Bring it on! Please.. " OK. I am about to shout. And then...
:D
That childlike grin!
I am disarmed.

All that "You have to make it. She will spoil it" and missing me altogether when I bring it to him.. And all he has to do is, gimme that grin and speak, I melt. :)

Love you dad! :) Mmmuah! :)

Edit : Needless to say, I went back to get the plate again and gave it to dad. :)

5 comments:

Amit Kumar Singh said...

I enjoyed reading it. :)

Somewhat a similar thing happens to me when I am with my laptop and my sis bring something....
:)

Gayathri said...

ahem ahem..at least someone succeeds in disarming you :P

Durga Nandan said...

@ Amit : Thanks Amit :)
You know, we deserve a bit more attention than that when we care to do things for you.. :) We do feel bad you know..

@ G3 : Yeah di! One of the very numbered ones who can. I hope my hubby too can do that to me. ;)
It is too endearing. :)

Anonymous said...

I would Love to Give and Get that kind of attention. Unfortunately, my parents are always either at work or attending some important meeting.

You got a great and wonderful Dad. Start cooking more stuff for him.

Durga Nandan said...

@ Surya : Thanks for being in here dear. :)
Cooking more stuff.. :) Yeah gotta do that. :)

Btw your parents are earning for your future. So that kind of evens out. :)

Cheerz!
Durga..