Aug 24, 2009

My Movie Thoughts. Right Now That Is!

Well, right now, I am too bad at probability. But you know, I just felt, gambling would be a science if you were good at probability.
And quick in calculations.
For a change I am watching movies.

"21" A movie on Ben, a guy who finds a passion in math and probability, ending up gambling for his prowess in this.
I am half way through the movie.
Donno what is gonna happen through the movie. But I am enjoying this movie for sure. Anyone who loves math should watch this one. It beautifully explains the 3 door problem in probability. I was new to this some time back. But now, I know probability is far more deep than the lil things we learn in schools and even colleges. Deeeper than the theories we ever learn.

And yeah, forgot to mention. Was into a series 'The Big Bang Theory' 2 days back. A marathon of all the episodes they ever broadcast, in 2 days. must be about 9GB of stuff. Amazing if you love science and relativity. And yeah, nerdy jokes. But really amazing it was, for me. Those guys speak science, live science, are science. A series about 4 nerds and their life.
Get a chance, watch it. :)

Cheerz!
DN

PS- May be gambling is addictive. But so is passion for anything. I just finished the movie. Well, may be I expected too much from the movie. Cos as it progressed, all that happened was him moving on with life and no math or probability.
Was it worth my time? I donno. May be yes, a li'l digression from what I am into right now.

3 comments:

Amit Kumar Singh said...

Well, I have already watched this movie. it is a nice movie and I was really amazed when I got to know that it is based on real incident, done by 6 MIT students...:)

cheers!!

Gayathri said...

'Worth you time'..eh??!! since you are jobless,and since you are overwhelmingly frustrated,there's no need to worry abt the time waste :P :P

Durga Nandan said...

@ Amit : Really!! :-o News to me!
It is actually a very brainy attempt if you ask me. :)

@ g3 : Yeah, there are only so many things worth time waste. :P
Sleeping, bitching, procrastinating.. Need more? :P