Aug 4, 2009

Nickies..

Yesterday, I was mailing someone and suddenly I realized I had hell lotta nick names..
Just jotting them down. :)

Jo [-meaning sweetheart. Almost all call me this. ] from a poem

JOHN ANDERSON, MY
JO

by: Robert Burns (1759-1796)

JOHN ANDERSON my jo, John,
When we were first acquent,
Your locks were like the raven,
Your bonie brow was brent;
But now your brow is beld, John,
Your locks are like the snaw,
but blessings on your frosty pow,
John Anderson, my jo!

John Anderson my jo, John,
We clamb the hill thegither,
And mony a canty day, John,
We've had wi' ane anither;
Now we maun totter down, John,
But hand in hand we'll go,
And sleep thegither at the foot,
John Anderson, my jo!

Yeah it addresses a man. But somehow, the meaning does not change. :P I still am a sweetheart. :P

Joe [ -Meaning an average person. I have barred people from calling me that. :) I am not just a Joe. I have others like Jomol, Jokutty and similar variations of 'jo' in the list. But not mentioning them separately.]

Angel [ :) ]

Jyoth [ A poet friend of mine uses this. Some of my friends from KV as well.]

Moonlight [It is a name I took over for myself. Jyotsna means moonlight. But now, some address me as moonlight.]

Pinkie [For my love for pink. A long lost friend of mine used to call me that. Now and then, others also do call me Pinkie. :)]

Gudgudee [:D]

Mannunni [-Means stupid. Oh! Sometimes I am real stupid. :D Neeraj's creation.]

Muthassy [ -aka Granma! :( A recent acquisition. Cos I sometimes boss around people I love.]

Pink lady [ Again cos I love pink. ]

Vaava [ :D -means baby.]

Joy [A teacher called me that first. Later, some friends did the same.]

Adventure gal [ HP's creation. For my love for adventure sports.]

Powerpuff gal [Again HP :)]

Thangu [My family and real close people use this one. Dad called me thangu first. :) Love you dad!! -means pure gold. :) ]

Thankini [ An aunt of mine calls me this. Sometimes some of my cousins.]

Ammini [A recent aquisition again. :) ]

Ammu [ 2-3 friends.]

Lambu [A maternal grand uncle calls me that one. :D And some cousins.. Cos of my height. The other grand uncles call me things I wont divulge. :P]

Joes [ Random people who suddenly find that they kinda like me. :)]

Princess [:)]

Sweetie [ :) ]

Molu and Molutty [ DG and one of my ettans use these.]

Potti pennu and Mandi pennu [Cos I make stupid mistakes every once in a while. :-| Though I don't actually feel bad when they call me that. Somehow, the love always overrides the teasing. :) -They both mean stupid gal.. ]

Unnimol [Another recent aquisition. :D ]

Kannan [Yeah a male name. But with love, it has no gender difference :) For those who donno, it is a name of Krishna.]

Everyone has something different to call me with love.. :) It feels good to know people take me close enough to call me names proxime to heart.
Some names, I would rather keep to myself to preserve their sanctity. But majority has been mentioned. :)

May keep adding to it.

Treat this a Tag and do blog mentioning your nicks. I tag Ramya in particular. :)

No comments: