Sep 13, 2009

Nostalgia -2

Fond memories take a peak in 10-12th standards and I got the maximum exposure there. I remember doing a drama in Sanskrit with Manikandan sir, being the "Prakruthi Matha" in my flowing green frock. :)
Asking him if he sang lullabies to his children. :D I even didnt know I 'should not' ask him about it. He replied "Kutty paadum" [Wife sings.] And talking back at him when he said I should have more "love" when I talk to my subjects, the living beings, as "Prakruthi Matha".
And then, doing the Children's film with Sadanandan sir, juniors and seniors for DD Bharathi. Two of them had a fight over who was gonna be my hubby in it. :P Haha! The bulkier won. :D
The Rashtrapathi Testing Camp at Hyderabad, where I almost fainted cos of the rigorous testing schedule from 4am to 11 pm. Thanks to Meenakshi ma'm from Chennai for ignoring my pleas that I would not be able to attend the rest of the tests cos I was not well that, I made it. And my name remains in the Roll of Honor in school Hall of Fame. I am the only Rashtrapathi Awardee in my batch, guys included.

The "PCThomas" [the famous entrance coach in Thrissur]-less days I enjoyed in contrast with the others behind entrances..
The li'l sweet Preetha ma'm slim, exuding happiness and energy, who was my math teacher in 12th, begging me to study and do well in math. :D
I never did very well then. :) And still, she loved me and I loved her back so much that my Amma was jealous. :D And she told her husband that I was like her own daughter for her.
But I still did not learn anything then. I just didnt like Probability or anything else in the text book. :| Now I do. May be cos of her pain those days, I have to learn everything I skipped then, now for CAT. :)

Usha ma'm who would always catch me for being the 'Alice in Wonderland' as she herself calls me, for day dreaming in the class. Two months back, when I met her, she shared her reminiscence about how once she caught me and I retorted. I remember I was not day dreaming that day but taking notes. :) We both laughed at the memory.. :D
Bindu ma'm our physics teacher who would always find me doing some mischief in the class or lab and shout at me [that temper of hers!! :-o ]. Finally when she sees my grin, she starts laughing with me. :D And we end up sharing the mischief.. :D
Sanal sir, who was the librarian and too enthusiastic to remain just a librarian, would almost always find me in the library reading and would greet me whenever I went in and ask which book I was on then. I remember the only day he was busy with something and ignoring me, was when the "school topper" :-| was in looking for some reference books. Man, I still sulk at that memory. Humph! He would not even turn his head and acknowledge I was there.
Jaya ma'm was an exception. She was our English teacher in 11th and 12th and a great show off. I really hated her plastic smile. And stupid jokes. She would crack a PJ and look at my face expecting me to laugh. I mostly felt like crying though.

Pamela ma'm who would always be behind me asking for the Records. I was a constant defaulter. :D Hated [Still hate] Chemistry. Labs were the best part. I made mixtures of the available solutions and made multicolor solutions behind her back. Golden, Red, yellow, green, blue!!.. And I remember my Lab exam in 12th, when I was asked to analyze some stupid mixture and during one of those tests, I inhaled the gas coming from the test tube so deeply that I fainted. :-| [Of course I had no idea what that gas was then. :P] Preetha ma'm came running in to lab with worry. Had to redo the test after gaining back my consciousness.

Man, those were the days!! :) I see myself after more than a decade now and still when I go meet my teachers, they talk to me like I am the same old gal in school.
The school has changed a lot, I have changed a lot, but the nostalgia it gives, remains the same. :)

- A Proud KV Alumni.

6 comments:

AnjuGandhi said...

what a coincidence. today i also wrote something on teachers
even i remember my teachers.
once in XI standard i got a tight slap from my maths teacher. she asked me something and as i dint know the answer i just scratched my head and pat came a tight slap," do you think scraching your empty head will bring something inside. do u think it will open the tightly closed windows of your brain" i can nver forget the humilaion i felt at that time

Amit Kumar Singh said...

Two of them had a fight over who was gonna be my hubby in it. The bulkier won....ha ha ha ha .....:)
Gr8 to know I am reading the post of Rashtrapathi Awardee... :)
My best wishes for u for CAT....:)
Really it was so interesting and hilarious post.... :)
Cheers!!

Durga Nandan said...

@ anju : Your math teacher reminds me of my physics teacher.. :D She had a damn bad temper. But would break into laughter the moment I made a joke while she was angry at me.. :)
It didnt hurt to know I could make her grin though. :D :D

Anonymous said...

one more CAT aspirant in blogosphere....my best wishes with you...
chemistry....I also hate it...and I remember I ate some yellow colored chemical in the lab...I don't remember the occasion though..but the taste is still clear in mind..it was salty bitter..

Durga Nandan said...

@ Amit : :D :D
I did blow my trumpet a bit in the post, but somehow the work I put in justifies it I guess.. :)

Thanks for the wishes, though as I near the test date, it kinda gives me jitters. :D

Glad I could entertain you with my post. :)
Cheerz!

Durga Nandan said...

@ Rahul : CAT, yeah, cat calling a lot these days.. :)
Never had the luck to eat chemicals though. :D :D hahaha!
Cheerz!