Sep 8, 2009

Recent Read

I read Digital Fortress. I have read Da Vinci Code.
Now, the thing with Dan Brown is, once you read one of his books, you can actually figure out that the one who appears to try to help, always ends up being the one behind the scam. At least, in those two, it is so.
And it so very predictable after sometime. The way someone tries to be very "clean" you get a feeling he is upto something.
And for those who have read it, I donno if you found it obvious, the Ndakota, being an anagram of Tankado, was evident and glaring. Or may be it was cos I love anagrams. And I wanted to shout at them for not understanding it right away.
And all those stupid 'High Intelligence people' could not figure out about the Uranium Isotope code. How many prime numbers could be arrived at with that many limited numbers?

Man, I didnt find Digital Fortress thrilling me as Da Vinci Code did. May be cos it was his first attempt.. Eh?

The Godfather by Mario Puzo was wonderful. Though for a day I always glanced back to check if someone was following me. :D
Eager for the next parts... Sadly I decided to spend on some other books than its sequels..

And now, am with Twilight the first part. Donno, Stephanie drags it a bit too much.. Does not she?
I donno if I will be patient enough for the second and third parts..
The fourth part is only a thought. I bought the first three parts. :(
Man !! Look at me! I am sad I bought books!! :-o

10 comments:

Amit Kumar Singh said...

There is one obsession I wish to have and that is of books, and fortunately I have, presently .. :)

I have never read any novel of Dan Brown, Just once started Angel's and Demons but could not finish... GOD FATHER I have read it..liked it..movie too...

Twilight -looking forward to read.. :)

Man !! Look at me! I am sad I bought books!! :-

u r doing great...Keep it up..it is the best possession to have big library... :)

Cheers!!
Amit..

AnjuGandhi said...

i have read all the three books of Dan Brown. but frankly I enjoyed digital fortress only it was every exciting specially the last part. rest of the books Ok for one read but I cant read them again
I read Not with my daughther, Desert Royal. these are very engrossing books. talks about the status of women in Muslim counry
now looking out of the book Princess

Durga Nandan said...

@ Amit : Yeah, even I do. And that is why I was surprised at the "sadness". I have a big library of my own. Passed on from my granpa.. :D

Cheerz!

Durga Nandan said...

@ Anju : That is what I said, once you read a book from Dan brown, the rest are seemingly uninteresting..
Keep reading. :)
Cheerz!

Amit Kumar Singh said...

Hi DN

I have an award for u.. :)
plz do visit my blog..

Cheers!!

Anonymous said...

after reading this post I went through your shelfari collection...
and Ma'am you one heck of a reader...
I direly wish to be like you!!

Durga Nandan said...

@ Amit : Thanks a lot for the award dear.. :)
Cheerz!

Durga Nandan said...

@ Rahul : I love reading a lot.. :)
And thanks. :)
Please do call me Durga. Ma'm seems a lot formal. :) Even for a blogger.

BTW, thanks for the visit.. :)
And congrats on the award.. :)
Hope to see you in here again..
Cheerz! :)
Durga

Arun said...

If u hav such an opinion about Dan Brown, pls dont read his 'Deception Point' I shud say it is his worst work. But I likd all other works by him. BTW did u try 'Angles nd Demons'? I dont think u can forecast the climax in that. (If u can, 3 cheers to u lady)

Nd his latest book will be released in a week. Lets c whether that will create an impression on u :)

Durga Nandan said...

@ arun : I wanted to buy it yesterday, when I saw it.. But since I had the exam coming, I didnt. May be after the exam. :) :)
I will get "Angels and Demons". Too much to miss for a personal library. :D