Sep 18, 2009

[Very]Miss Creant.

Disclaimer : Any similarity to the living or dead, is purely coincidental. This story, is fictitious and has nothing to do with anyone's life.
DN.

So, here it goes.

I am dying. Yeah, death on a wheel chair. Ever heard of that? Slowly wasting this beautiful body. And all the 'assets' men looked at and paid for. Why?
You may ask. And sneer. Why did I choose this life? Did I ? Honestly, did I have a choice?
What with, love for him on one side and complete trust. And unseen future on the other side?
I was robbed of my innocence, my purity and love, all in a single night. All by the same person I adored and loved.

No no. This aint any melodrama. This is life. My bloody life! He had me that day. And then, the next thing I knew, I was dragged from my wedding bed to his friends.
You know crying never helps. I cried out loud. They did everything they felt like and he abandoned me.
Serves me right. Leaving my parents for the 'love' he gave me. For all those sweet nothings.

For some days I cried, begged. I strayed on the streets. Then one night, a man came. Offered me money to have me.
I thought why not? I have nothing that is mine now. I was hungry. I was angry. With myself.
I never tried returning home. Bro would have found that insulting. Dad, a burden.
So, there I was selling my body, my looks. I joined a brothel and soon became the hottest 'commodity' there.

You know the best part? My 'husband' one day visited me there. The brothel. He had asked for the best. I saw him and suddenly was taken aback. And then, in control, and without emotion, removed my saree. He left without a word or a second glance.
Must have told his friends. They came in, one by one. Secretly. Had me again, more brutally than before.

And then the usual swear words. Being a whore aint easy. You give them you and they give you pain. You are a thing. Not human. You have to be in my shoes to know how I feel. Some ask me to remove my mangalsutra. Not that I mind it. I, in fact promptly remove it. But that, somehow reminds me of the past, when I had his love. Or felt he loved me. It is blissful. The blush I had on the wedding day.. Like any bride, I wished to be adored. Ceremonies were not the issue. The issue was the feel of being "wanted". And this mangalsutra, is my token of love. My past, my memories. Me. The inner me. Anyways, I didnt need the mangalsutra when I was whoring.

So, I made money. Lots. My body has always gotten eyes like metal to magnet. And I learnt my trade pretty quickly. Thank god I saved enough to buy me medicines and that surgery and this wheel chair. What??
Dont stare. I was good looking. Somebody payed me with money AND AIDS. And surgery, for a small benign tumor. Not that it changed anything after the surgery. I was destined to die. Everyone is. Just a bit early for me. The tumor grew back. Malignant.

No, nothing has changed. I was a tumor. Now, I have a tumor. My body was sexy. Now, it is sexually diseased.
So, that is that. Max, a month. No one to even push me around. Brothel ditched me. He ditched me. God ditched me. And I am thinking of ditching life.
The problem being, I am not even strong to kill myself now.
Can you help? I am dying. Can you just make it a bit earlier? Can you kill the wheelchair whore? Hahahaha! Wheelchair whore! I hate this damned pain.
Can you kill? A little help?
Kill me!! Kill... M...e...

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

"He ditched me. God ditched me. And I am thinking of ditching life."
I really don't have any words to explain what I feel..what I want to feel and what I am feeling right now...

brilliant....(I am too small to complement but yes...) brilliant...

Anonymous said...

Painful. Survival is so difficult in this world. I hope she made a miraculous recovery and life gave her back life.

Amit Kumar Singh said...

Touching and beautifully written...
No words to say.....
you are wonderful writer..
Keep writing :)
Belated Happy Engineers Day... :)

Sathish Chandrasekaran (சதீஷ் சந்திரசேகரன்) said...

Am dumbstruck yaar..
it was like i went through a person's life for a brief moment..

This was the best post i have ever read with a penetrating effect....

Veda said...

She should die. I would want to, if i was her. No wait..would i?

See what you did. ...

:)

Surya (RADHAKRISHNAN G) said...

Pranam!

I was paralyzed for a while once reached here and became confused at that point of time on whom should be helped by whom!
God-its something unable to express in words-same like being a witness to a scene where a bird flying high towards the Sun and reaching near….gently resting on the lap of the Sun at mid noon!

Same time, I thought of my post ‘Hide and Laugh’…. I beg you, please read the same and I would like to know what you feel. True-I met her-the same lady about whom you wrote now. Later I invited her to share my life. Pl read that history from the above said post.

Durga Nandan said...

@ Rahul : :) Thanks..

Durga Nandan said...

@ Surya Kannan : She would not. AIDS is a painfully fatal disease. You can prolong death. But cant stop it. And the more you prolong, the more the pain.

Durga Nandan said...

@ Amit : :) Thanks.
And btw, I am not an engineer. :)
But I guess to be wished I dont need to be one.. :)
So thanks for that too.. :)
Cheerz!

Durga Nandan said...

@ Sathish : Thanks for the praise and for feeling my character's life.
I myself was so engrossed in the character that after I finished penning, I cried. :)
Took a bit to recover. :)
Cheerz! :)

Durga Nandan said...

@ Mon Espace : Yup. :) I know.. She did that to me too.. :)
Hope she is safe somewhere, away from the pain now.. :)
Thanks for visiting.. :)
Cheerz!
DN

Durga Nandan said...

@ Surya : :) Thanks for empathizing with my character. And if true,I appreciate what you have done, about inviting her to your life.
Though certainly if I were her, I would not want anything more than friendship for the rest of my life. :)
And wish it to be short.

I will certainly check your blog out. :)
Cheerz!
DN

Gayathri said...

That was awesome!! "I was a tumor. Now, I have a tumor. My body was sexy. Now, it is sexually diseased.",too good..But very very morose..reminded me of those films i saw based on brothels..

Durga Nandan said...

@ G3 : Coming from you, it is praise beyond bounds for me. From a cynic and fault finder like u. :P
Thank you di. :)
Their life must be morose. :)
Cheerz!
DN [ :P ]