Feb 20, 2010

The funny side of sitting at home.

So what is funny [Not to mention irritating!] about sitting at home at this time of the day?

1. It is damn hot in my room. Considering the amount of heat that is dissipated from my pink bed, I feel like going into a depression, just so I could sleep on the floor.
And I have developed an art of making the room cooler by just a cup of water.*

2. There is a [stupid] eye hospital building coming up next to my home. They are already working on business. The dust that originates from all the digging up and circulates in half a kilometer radius is enough to give you an eye allergy. Along with all other god-knows-whats!

3. Marketing calls. The moment I close my bathroom door to have some privacy, the goddamn landline rings. These people ring me up at the very wrong moments to offer me insurance from death. :-|
Or a management job that is mostly door to door sales or the very sought after Telemarketing. Sit near a phone and bug enough people to get the unlucky gullible ones insured from death.

4. Last but not the least of my pet peeves, Neighbors. -As usual, they are more concerned about you than yourself. "Why are you sitting at home all day dear?"
'Because it is tiresome to stand the whole time', would be a cliche'd answer.

Hence, I go for the GDs however boring they might turn out. Today, I had a class with 1 girl and 4 guys for the GD. I decided I had enough and walked out. Before the noon session. Thankfully, the morning session was Current Affairs of Business and History of the Indian Economy. Both pretty interesting if you ask me.

For the curious fellows, here is how to make the room cooler by a cup of water.
* Sprinkle water on the floor from the furthest corner to the door of exit and switch the damn fan on.
Leave the room for half an hour and you will find the room considerably cooler when you return.
The water is gone and
TADA!
My indi-Genius, cost effective, environment-friendly cooler for you! :)

2 comments:

Amit Kumar Singh said...

:)
I liked your indi-Genius, cost effective, environment-friendly cooler...

Durga Nandan said...

:D Geee danks.. :)