Apr 5, 2010

Life is Unfair. So are..

The world is unfair. I know everybody a bit grown up knows that. Still. My blog has always been about things I learn from life. So cant HELP[!!!] exclaiming when things are so unfair.

So I play Scrabble and grumble and shoot people.
Not the real shooting, though if given a fair chance, I would. The more angry I am, the more successful in killing I am.

I feel like I should be unfair to people too. Just to prove that I can contribute to the whole unfair system of life.

Sometimes, I remember someone's words.
"God must be either an idiot or a child with all the materials to create world. Nobody else would make chaos when you are omnipotent."
He is right. I would not. If I were god. Unless I have the selfish motive of people remembering and pleading to me. But selfishness is supposedly a human trait?

I hate things being imposed upon me. It is my life and I want it my way. But no. Just so people tend to act first and think later, I end up paying sh*t for what they do. All they need to do is do another Pilate. Safe and secure. But then words said can be 'Taken Back'. And promises, retracted and broken.

When you fail or are idle for too long, you start believing you are not worth it. I have been idle for so long that I dont know if I would be able to cope with the daily workload once I start doing something. Or whether I would be upto it.
The other day, I was lunching with some of my friends when one guy said

"You know, your this friend is immensely intelligent.. The arguments he brings on while with you.."
"I argue with him. And I even win every once in a while!! So should nt I be called intelligent too?"
"Hey! I never said you are not intelligent. Only said he is.."
Another chips in "Yeah she does nt believe she is intelligent anymore. All that inferiority that has accumulated in her in the past year.."
I groan in my mind at this realization. Oh maaaaaan!!


And then, I come home to find that this something else has gone wrong. And to add to it, somebody keeps telling me I am insecure. You know, sometimes it is too much to hold on.

Anyways, I just learnt one thing. It is not just life, but people too can be unfair to you. Suck it up,. You got no choice. Other than to give up.

I wonder when I will be my better self...
DN

11 comments:

suraj pk said...

huhhuhooooooooo...........

ninakkangane tanne venam :D :D :D

Durga Nandan said...

:) keep laughing.

I can laugh on the jokes on myself. That is one trait I dont see much. :)
DN

Jidhu Jose said...

When you lose, don’t lose the lesson.
Don’t let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.
When you realize you’ve made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
Follow the three R’s: Respect for self, Respect for others, Responsibility for all your actions.
Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you’ll be able to enjoy it a second time.

Durga Nandan said...

You know, that reminds me of the Dalai Lama I lent to one of my friends. And that he has not returned it. Yet.

@ Jidhu : Thanks for the words.. :)

When you lose, don’t lose the lesson. Yeah, somehow life turns out to be a great teacher.

Don’t let a little dispute injure a great friendship. Trying hard not to. But yeah, it might as well end up a mess.

Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.
When you realize you’ve made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
I still have no idea what my fault was in something.

Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk. I wish someone knew it.

Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck. There, I hit my head and didnt hear that part. You know, I dont want that luck. :)

Follow the three R’s: Respect for self, Respect for others, Responsibility for all your actions. Huh! Another thing I wish someone read.

Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you’ll be able to enjoy it a second time. Whatever this is, I wont enjoy the stuff going on now, anymore. Least of all, not my old age.

Cheerz anyway.
DN

suraj pk said...

@ jidhu : wow !! :)

Resh said...

yeah, life's sooo unfair at times

Durga Nandan said...

:)
Thanks for dropping by..
Cheerz!
DN

Anonymous said...

i totally disagree with you .

sometimes u need to give it up to them on their face ,so that they learn their lesson really well.
I mean if u always "suck it up" ... how would you better yourself , u need to stand on ur own feet and show these craps their real face .
Above all u need to have "high self respect" ...if u have lost that you have lost eveything .

you won't believe me actually , but i am just coming ,delivering something of the above described expressions and you know , it feels relieved and very light .

i just came to this post and couldn't stop myself from delivering a lecture(may be useless ) ..... haha
ignore it if you can .

btw : you havent specified ur true identity on the blog .. how could you expect others to do ... haha

Think over it :)

take care

Durga Nandan said...

@ Anon : I just need a name to call you. I dont need the 'real' name. :P Though I guess you are just Anon for me now. The only problem is, there could be a 1000 more anons and I wont know which is who.

Yeah, I know saying 'suck it up' makes no sense in the long run.
Self respect.. Hmm.. Gaining it all back. :)
And no. It aint 'useless'. :)
Cheerz!
DN

Anonymous said...

DN u call me AJ now ,i'll be posting by this name from now onwards .

btw : love ur blog not cuz it's creative(which it is) but cuz it's refreshing and different .

and probably u look like my age so its better in that sense too :o)

take care

AJ

Durga Nandan said...

@ AJ : Thanks :)
For the name, for the comments, for calling this creative, different and what not!
You made my day. :)

I am happy you relate to my thoughts, which are as random as random can be. :)

Take care.
Cheerz!
DN