Apr 17, 2010

A Strong Weak.[?]

So, here is yet another Saturday... I am sitting with a hot cup of cappuccino my sis made for me. And looking back, A very busy kinda week. Monday and Tuesday, classes. Wednesday, tour with friends. Thursday tour with family. Friday Saturday, classes again. And when I am not travelling or teaching, I am in front of the TV or comp. Or reading.
Plan to go out for a treat tomorrow and the day after.

Now to things I noticed this week.

Famous people die. And their long lost relatives make money and fame by writing books and giving interviews. They try to disentangle the past experiences with the famous-dead so much that it makes our head spin trying to decide what a happening life they had. We even think the long lost brotherly cousin and sisterly somebody should have been famous, instead of the dead someone. No bonus points for guessing whom I just pulled the legs of. :P

Tharoor is an idiot at being discreet.
He is into a hell lot of controversies that I hate looking at the newspapers now for the fear of seeing another of his pics. Sunanda, IPL, Tweets [Oh man, he really does not know diplomacy.]... And what not? What is he searching for? A star status? Usually relationship gossips surround stars. Man, you have better ways to do that, if these are all intentional. The media is minting money using him and the 'aura' around him.

While you watch a song, especially in Hindi films, dont watch the main actors. I ll tell you what is more entertaining. Look at the extras. The ones behind. They keep dancing with a look that make us snort. Like they are the lead actors. Just watch it. You will have fun. ;) Trust me.

People in your life are only as important as you let them be. The moment you oust them from your mind, the world can run smoothly even without them.

Big words and lots of current affairs [man, I dont sneak my boss to read another of those newspapers online!] do not make a good Blog. Good humor sense and the use of it takes you places.
Like someone put it,
Don’t use words too big for the subject. Don’t say “infinitely” when you mean “very”; otherwise you’ll have no word left when you want to talk about something really infinite.
There is nothing like your family. You fight with them, you know that is not the last fight. You kiss them, you know they will kiss you back. You fail, the next time you have a fight, they dont remember to mention that so you feel setback. Whatever they give you, is heartfelt. It is a bond that never breaks.

What I learned...
I learned that to be what you want to be, takes hell lot of time and effort. And a lot of bummers.
Exactly when you think it is all over, things might be on the brink of another makeover. Something better, special. So, just push that little bit more. And tada! Never give up.
I learned that friends are those that come to you when you say 'no leave me alone, I deserve the pain'.
I learned being angry does not mean I can be cruel and hurt people.


And life is filled with weeks and months and years and decades like this one.. I am actually looking forward to the learning part. :)
Cheerz to Life!
Durga

6 comments:

Jidhu Jose said...

u write these all at a time?

Anonymous said...

wow u really gave away 5 advises ...and tip it off with "what u learned" as cherry cake on cake ...

i really agree with the last section though ... never loose spirit and never ever give up .
Btw ... do u always sound like "tada" when something good happens .I mean , I do .

but u forget onething ... no matter how old and experienced you get , never ever let the child inside you die.... i mean constantly keep looking for the "fun" part in everything . this keeps you in high spirits and you enjoy the journey rather live through it .

and yeah , I am sure you dont know me ... better let it be anonymous for some time :) I like being mystery

cyaa

Durga Nandan said...

@ Jidhu : Yep dear.. :) I do..

Durga Nandan said...

@ Anon : In my mind yes, I do a 'Tada!' ;)
Cant do that when people are around. They might take me elsewhere and admit me there. :P

Your writing style is different from the person I had in mind. So certainly not him. I dont mind mysteries.. :) They add fun to my life.

Cheerz! :)
DN

suraj pk said...

the best i hv ever read. yeaah, i did nt read much. bt...

u shd not have wrote this for many reasons !!

''
People in your life are only as important as you let them be. The moment you oust them from your mind, the world can run smoothly even without them. '' these certainly is a reason.

Durga Nandan said...

@ passedpawn : :) Reasons dont make up the rest of your life. You, have to live it.
I still feel what I said.
Cheerz!
DN