Apr 21, 2010

Thanksgiving.

So. I am gonna be somewhere again. Big deal for me. Studies gonna greet me again "Long time no see!". I hope all my neurons aint dead yet.
Had a tough time convincing my super possessive dad. Yeah I admit there are cons for being a daddy's gal. But secretly, I love it. ;)


The past days tested me. A lot. Jobless, hopeless and what not!
I watched 2012 yesterday. Right after we finished, it started thundering and raining. Truth is, it frightened me a bit. :) From a gal with zero tolerance to films and great affinity to scripts, to this! Certainly an achievement. :P
Thanks to a friend of mine.

My realization : One day, if the world ends, and you know it, you will run to do what is most important for you. Imagine this, is the last day. And you will know what you value the most in your life. Do it. One day, who knows, the world will really end. And then, lets not die in regret..

Now to the thanking part. I got into a good insti. - LIBA, here I come!- :) A number of people contributed. And mine, must be the smallest contribution of the lot.

Amma, Appa, for their sarcasm. Their sarcasm is a boost for me. Love them. My Don n Diva! The best couple I have ever met.
My lovely sis, for supporting me while I fought. And for believing in me.
A friend, who listened to me when I ranted on and on about how I was never gonna make it in life. And believed in me, more than myself. Thanks. :)
KA, for asking me to apply to LIBA.
Suraj, for teaching me tricks. And telling me something good is in store for me every time I ranted.
G3, for giving me her CL password and saying "Go work out gal!" [though I didnt use it much, I loved the gesture.]
Uncle, aunt, Sruthi, for taking care of me during my GDPI. And Sruthi, thanks for saying I ll make it. And repeating it while I kept worrying.
Amit, again for believing in me. :)
Roopa, for the books, the combined study [combined gossiping rather. :P ] Her mom, dad n sis for making me comfy at their place. :)
Anton, the one who kept telling me I should live my dream. Thanks bro! :)

To everyone who prayed, thanks. :)
There were atheists who prayed to their Jupiters and agnostic gods. Just this time. For me.
Thanks guys. :)
To my plants and soil, on whom I worked when I was frustrated.

Getting to know my future batch mates now. And really apprehensive about the course. My lazy bones should start working again. :(

I know its a dry post. But could not help thanking all. :)
CheerZ!
DN

14 comments:

Gayathri said...

:).. way to go! May be god made u lose one year only to match pace with other 87 born peers!! rem,u were the youngest in the batch,the one who at one point was deprived of rajyapuraskar only coz she was born in 88 sep! and still u made it,and even beyond that!!!

AJ said...

congrats :)
you totally deserve it .

Durga Nandan said...

@ G3 : Thank you di.. :)
Yup I made it to Rashtrapathi..
And I dont feel bad about losing my bonus year. I still am younger than most. :)
God really blessed me with people. :)
Durga

Durga Nandan said...

@ AJ : Thanks.. :)
You certainly make me wonder who you are.. :)
DN

AJ said...

keep wondering , it's good for mind and btw ... it's high time to charge ur neurons ... may be "wondering" helps :o)

Wow ... u made it to rashtapati bhavan ..that is really cool .
i was never lucky to meet him in person ... but i got a "goood amt" cheque from him...saying "beta abhi yeh rakho ...milna agle janam me :P" .

cheerz for LIBA ... haha
AJ

Durga Nandan said...

@ AJ : Do you know that I know that [ :o) ] smiley? :P
Smileys mein Phd li thi.
And ONLY one person uses it as far as I know. :)
And is not a friend yet.

Next clue, I had 3 AJs in mind. One was my bro who does nt need an anon comment. Next, a class mate. He has been scrapping me lately. So to see if its him, I brought in the "Rashtrapathi" conv. And unlike you, he knows what it is. So, he is out.
It is an award from our Rashtrapathi just like Rajyapuraskar from our state.

That brings me to a single person. :)

Cheerz nyway,
remain anon as long as you want to. :P
DN

AJ said...

A smiley ... is that enough to distuinguish a person ? cmon ... work your neurons a little more. haha
it is just not you , who can be as random as "random".

u got me confused related to your rashtrapathi ,i was referring to President of india ,Mr.Kalam ..he was sick at that point time so i never met him :( just got the prize through post , can u believe that :o(

probably now u should observe the way of writing of "single person : u indentified" intersect it with" the way he use smileys" ... to find a link to me .

till then , take care
AJ

Durga Nandan said...

:)
Yes. Smileys and punctuations are a person's identity online.

Though I cant just be too sure about the identity yet.

Can I know if you are a guy or gal?
This sounds fun. :D

AJ said...

I am a "guy"

Durga Nandan said...

When are u clearing this mystery?? :(

suraj pk said...

dear,
you are welcome.

and thanks for that end of the day theory, that sounds great ! :D.

suraj

Durga Nandan said...

@ suraj : :) I learnt it the hard way though. ;)

Anonymous said...

Congrats.. have told u long bak u'l make it.

this one is fr u...

:D
:-)
;)
:-8
^ - ^
:-|
:{
:-o
((-:
:^)

Cheers.....

Durga Nandan said...

@ anon : Yep. A year before. I remember. Thanks to you too. :)
DN