Jun 16, 2010

Things I Learnt Here...

  1. Tamilians wont use other languages if they know you understand their language.
  2. Tamilians have a different thing at every meal time. Morning Sambhar rice, noon Rasam rice, evening Curd rice. And the next day, it would be morning Rasam rice and so on.
  3. They name places either with -pakkams or -pett
  4. Never take a new pair of chappals when you go to a new place. You never know what awaits you there.
  5. Never ever take a Reliance SIM anywhere in the world. -I lost every break trying to make sense to those customer care people of theirs.-
  6. Life is all about having fun. :)
  7. There are people who sweep the floor with two brooms simultaneously.
  8. When you lose your way. you learn another.
  9. Human mind does not have Circular Reference problems unlike the very organized mechanical counterparts.
  10. Computers are sadder than an Alzheimer's hit mind.
  11. Some people have a unique way of complicating things.
  12. A notified surprise test, is an oxymoron.
  13. Language is not a barrier. It is just an inhibition you create for yourself.  [I talk to my Tamilian rommies in English and they reply in Tamil And we understand each other perfectly.]
  14. Friends just happen. :)
Tidbits : -
  • Kids have their own games with the obituary page of a newspaper. You never knew.. Right? Even I didnt. Until I talked about newspaper articles one day. They decide who is the oldest dead man and ceremonially give them the status of a victor, for the day.
  • Someone's comment on Raavan's song.. "behne de" means 'Let me flow' and not 'Give me sisters'.
  • I wonder if it is the same sun that rises in Thrissur and Chennai :P
And finally, Having fun is not an option. It is a necessity. :)
Cheerz!
DN

No comments: