Jul 27, 2010

There are some art forms I am really crazy about. Kung Fu, mostly cos of movies, Bharathanatyam, cos it always makes my eyes wet with emotions when a zenith performance happens. The same applies to classical muZic. Well, I wish I could sing like old days.. Long back, when amma always insisted I take singing lessons cos I had a really good voice, I would make it a point to be a rebel. And when both my parents were out of station with their work, I stopped my classes altogether. Yes, I do regret it. From there, my voice has been on a steady decline.
Right now, it is too high pitched I can not take bass on loud. I will resume my muZic classes after I end up in a job. I am sure I will find time. For one thing, I regret it now. And second, I am in dire need of some muZic for and by myself.

And then I remember while I was in school, my muZic mam asked me to join dance classes. But the teeny weeny body of mine would pain like hell every day after the classes. So, my super possessive dad sent her a mail through me saying he restricts my dance classes from then on. And so ended my dance life. May be if I had gone for it, I would have looked lot different from what I am now.
These days, all I get to practice is 'running around dance' and 'communication muZic'.
And my major time pass is Internet. Dad is scared I am back to net addiction.
I wish I did something worthwhile.. Something towards my dream... This place is a lot about slogging your bums off than about achieving knowledge about what you love. But then every B school is. It is upto me to find ways to benefit from here. But then, with the full day run around and work schedule, I dont even get enough rest. Forget the extra stuff I have in mind...

One of these days... Yes, one of these days, I will be the old Jo who does EVERYTHING. The Jill of all trades :)

Cheerz!
DN

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

''jill of all trades '' evideyo kandu maranna pole..

aswathy..??? ;)

Durga Nandan said...

:)
alla. ashwathy alla..
durga.

aara? manslayilla? :?

AJ said...

you parents must have thought like this " MBA who can sing too :P " ..... it may help clinching deals when nothing else works .. haha

still high pitched voice is suited for music like black eyed peas ....you should try it :)

Durga Nandan said...

:) nope. at that time, i didnt even know what an MBA was.. my plans are mostly on the moment plans :)

i do sing now.. but then, i cud ve done it btr if i had just listened to my amma :)

Durga Nandan said...

:) nope. at that time, i didnt even know what an MBA was.. my plans are mostly on the moment plans :)

i do sing now.. but then, i cud ve done it btr if i had just listened to my amma :)