Aug 19, 2010

Bits and Pieces...

Last year, at this time, I was sitting with him. His eyes pierced into mine whenever they could. Whenever the crowd would let him peek into them. Trying 'accidental' touches... Trying to tell me how much he loved being with me... All those seem like yesterday. A year had passed. The sun still rises where it did. The world has not changed. At least not the 'constantly changing' bit of it. But somehow, today, I feel a change coming. Into my life.
As some song in English [no, I aint that English muZic freak you are searching for.] said "We had joy we had fun..", we had a lot of fun.
It was a leap of faith.
Everything from the teeniest bit of my life had changed. And yet remained the same.
Humming along with my iPod, I sat waiting. He had mentioned he had something serious to say. And the sober way he said it, I didnt know what to expect.
And when he came, he was looking so handsome, I felt like giving him a hug and letting him know. But as usual the 'people' part lead me to curb my feelings.
"You look nice today." And a smile. All I could manage.
He managed a nervous smile. But quickly returned to the sober face. God knows what is going on in that mind of his. And it is really serious.
"Lets order a coffee."
"And a tea for you." I added.
"Yeah."
He kept nervously looking around while the coffee arrived and then started sipping it. Wordlessly.
He was not , if I may use the word, staring into my eyes today. He was a bit fidgety. He was worried or nervous. I could not point my finger to one.
"Man, either you open your mouth and say what you want to, or am killing you with a broken coffee cup."
He let out a nervous laugh and I felt him ease a little.
"Actually.."
Yes, here it comes.. Whatever it is..
And I sat waiting for his next words for what felt like eternity...

PS- I leave it to your imagination what happened next. Depends. :)
Cheerz!
DN

5 comments:

Jidhu Jose said...

like a award padam?
A Padmarajan Touch

Arun said...

"Actually.. I forgot my wallet. Can u lend me some cash"
:D

Durga Nandan said...

@ Jidhu : I hope Padmarajan does not turn around in his grave uncomfortably. :)

@ Arun : As always, you spoiled the romance or the break up or whatever was in store with a single sentence. :P
Do you always have to do that? :P

Gayathri said...

I hope to hear lines like,.
"Actually..
It's been a while since we started going out.. I no more look forward to it.. The ritual phone calls that's making a big hole in my purse..The furtive glances from others and the respectful restraint we impose on ourselves,from hugging or kissing when we want to..

It no more works..

So..
..
..
Will you marry me!! "

Of course,romance is not my forte.. So i cannot imagine so very romantic lines..But yeah.you get what i meant :P

Durga Nandan said...

@ g3 : I do I do. [pun unintended :P]
Durga