Jan 13, 2011

A Good Day...

Yesterday was a good day. :)
Oh well, it was a flood of good news.. And one jackpot. Ha! Jackpot being a confirmation on something I have been waiting for. Another was a legacy, being proposed to be passed on. Well, in course of time probably I ll tell you.
Another one, that some people whom I didnt think are still reading my blog, said they are and that they have recommended it to some others. Well, all those anon readers, thanks :) For saying you loved this.
For a week, yours truly is suffering from bouts of cough which is troubling her sleep and making her nights horrible. Yesterday, I slept at 2.30 cos of the damn cough.
Somehow the flow of good news went on till night that until then I didnt have time to worry about my cough.

Coming to tidbits of my life, there is a "kyat" in my hostel. It is a bit old and is a pet who [note it, its not 'which'] decides it sits on chairs like people do. It somehow has this notion that it is a "kyat's" right. It has a particular liking to me whenever I wear jeans. No no, I dont produce aphrodisiacs while in jeans. It is just that the kyat likes rubbing its body on my jeans. All itchy itchy and licey. I dont like it. So, today, in the evening when I went outside with my tea , I knew it would come right behind me and start scratching. So I lifted my leg from the ground and put it half a meter above the ground. And started drinking tea. Suddenly this kyat jumps up and tries scratching its nails on my jeans! And scares me to death in the process. I shouted at it in all possible languages and walked off. Still scared. Occasionally looking back to see if it was following me. And it was sitting there giving me a 'kyat' look! :-|

Another thing, I dont like people who think they are smart. Most of the time, people can see right through it. Today, a girl who had no idea what she was talking about, made a show of running the whole story, acting like a moderator when she herself had nothing to speak about. Unfortunately, the one who was supposed to oversee the proceedings was dumb enough not to notice. I was irritated that she was eating people's head in the process. One of these days.. Yes man, one of these days...

Random stuff had gained my attention in the one week at home. I wanted to talk about them too.

There is a program in Star World - The Bachelor.
The idea is an arranged marriage. But the ad kinda shows girls in bikinis trying to gain his attention with all sorts of lauded [lewd-ed] actions. Kissing, this-sing that-ing.. If that was how we 'arranged' marriages here in India, men would never go for love marriages.

If you go to buy a fool's cap paper and say fool's-cap, people look at you like a retard. No matter how good your English is. When in India, call it FULL SCAP paper. That is only how we call it. A shopkeeper even corrected me once 'Fullscap lady! Not that.'

Gyan I got when I wondered why certain guys acted weird once in a while, "to have a chance with gals it is good for a guy to act like a moron once in a while. moron in the sense rude, bossy stupid etc"
Wow, never knew guys do that too to get attention...

Blunt people are better. They never bite your back and act like nothing happened. But they also give you moments of bitter truths when you least expect it. You know, that is why they are called blunt. :)

2 comments:

Jidhu Jose said...

Rambles.....what happened to u?

Durga Nandan said...

That is the whole idea dude!
This is MY Random Thoughts :)