Apr 26, 2011

Godmen, Thoughts and Other Stuff

Oh yes, the world of Indians is buzzing with the Godman news. The place is buzzing with memoirs and stories. One lady even died of a heart attack when she heard about this, in Bengalluru.
I am a skeptic. About Godmen in general. In fact, about God in its widely accepted form. And yeah, men in general again.
So, talking about Godmen, an official two day mourning in the state is very uncalled for. Wonder when someone like Anna Hazare passes away, even an hour of official mourning would be there!
And about him passing away on Easter, that man was on ventilator and support systems for some time now. Anybody who cared and knew he would go once the systems were disconnected, would want to remove it on the next best day to be in news. I feel its just a plan by one of his devotees and next in line to have more of 'aura' around the death.
And talking about his miracles, these videos should be able to throw some light. http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=sai+baba+exposed&aq=7&oq=sai+baba

Another thing I didnt like quite a bit was that, it was him who decided and proclaimed that he was the reincarnation of Shirdi Sai. If he was that big a powerful God, he should at least have been able to say his time for passage from mortality to immortality correctly.
But I admit, everyone is a God as Satyanarayan Raju, aka baba, said. But then, that is not his original thought. So I dont know how much credit I have to give him. And I also appreciate his humanitarian acts. And seriously wish we had more of those. But to make a God out of him, is completely uncalled for. I remain skeptical.

And this Baba Ramdev, whom I had only heard of so far, has made his first public appearance in newspaper since the time I came here. Well, its about his reactions to Hazare's fast and one he is organizing. Well, for one, I wanted to know, do great people call others and let them know they are doing something great unless the ones informed are ones that are affected? By the statements he has made in Deccan Herald, it is clearly a matter of jealousy for the limelight Hazare has earned. "I dont have to become a hero by staging a fast". Seriously? Then why are you talking about your fast to the press now?

Speaking of newspapers, another article in today's paper that gained my attention, was about technological addiction of Asians. I have been thinking for the past two weeks, while I have had to relocate quite a lot, about how much electronic luggage I have to carry around. I  had two mobs, chargers, their accessories, wifi modem, lappy, charger again, headset, cam, charger, connectors, manuals of most of the new stuff to tag along everytime I go somewhere... And the junk I left at home before coming, and discarded during shift, only add to the pile I created in this two decades of my life. The amount of electronic junk a single Indian youth makes scares me about the amount of it I would have created by the time I am 35, if I live upto that. And multiply it by the number of youth in India, we get a good picture of how much junk we will have to discard and find a place for by the time it is 2050.

Ah, I so like thinking about future.. :P

No comments: