Apr 22, 2011

GPS and Hostel Stories...

I never knew I would use a GPS to navigate around a city. Well, I did that today. Not exactly around a city, but a max of 500 meters. Well, it is a lot to me. I lost my way only once! Yay! So either ways, I got to know that there are no shops that sell things I need anywhere in the 500 meter radius of my hostel. Or office. And I don’t really know if I made a complete real good circle around either of them. You know actually the GPS kept beeping every once in a while cos I went off the tangent...

Speaking of which, I am pretty down these days with not many people around to blabber to while am free. Except for a dummy who smses me a 100+ times in a day asking me if I had food or went to pee pee first! [OK, kidding!] [PS- Only the second part though!] I called him a dummy, told him its outrageous to bug me like that, but naaah.. He won’t get it. Dummy exactly! I have to clean my inbox like once in a day in the fear of not losing speed.

In a serious note, I kinda got dressed up and was about to leave the building to get an internet connection [at least i can browse when am bored.], when it started raining not cats n dogs, but me. Well, I am kinda small. But for a drop, am huge! Get the drift? So, I thought maybe it will stop soon and didn’t change my clothes back. And I still have nt changed back. Btw, it rained ice here today... I never knew it rained ice in a metro. I thought that was supposed to be restricted to the colder areas.. well, bangy, except the net like roads, you rock!

Ah, there is a fun news for you guys. My hostel. It was something I had not wanted in the first place. I get accommodation at another hostel and go there only to find that nun [oh yes, so typical of a nun – am prejudiced to their genre. Can’t help it] going back on her word and saying she cannot gimme a room. The fun fact – I had dragged my luggage along because of her assurance.
Then I go back to this place, where the nun had imposed [rather told me, they would impose] at least 30 rules [no am not joking!] about every nit she could pick. You know how I hate rules [well, I do, for the record.] and so, I had planned not to stay here. But tada! Mom’s prayers and a nun’s behaviour later, I end up with a sheet full of rules and a bespectacled pair of eyes looking at me with scepticism.
Fun fact – there are specific timings when water comes here. Morning 6.30 [yeah, its been long since I saw the sun rise!] to 7.30. And evening 8.30 to 9.30.
So every morning I see everyone rushing to bathrooms with buckets. And to say the truth, the first day I thought there was something wrong with the food of the previous day that sent everyone rushing so madly to loos.
And at 6 in the morning, they gong bells!! For every soul [dead or alive] to wake up and shine[?!!]. If I once wake up, I can’t sleep again. So it is turning out to be a nightmare in the morning for me.
Fun fact – there is a compulsory mass at 6.30 in the morning and a compulsory rosary at 8 in the night. Seriously? What is their problem? If I wanna pray, I pray. Why impose? But no. Nuns think making people say those things in a chapel makes them wanna be Christians or more dedicated Christians, if they already are. But mom does nt trust any hostel that is not run by nuns. After all, the only problem would be only too much of prudishness not less amount of rules. Mom thinks the more the rules, the more safe it is. Nah, contrary to this belief, rules make people like me wanna jump and run outta the boundaries. Unfortunately, the walls are too high for me to jump. So, am stuck here...

PS- The other day, a female called me up and tells me she wants permission to publish an article I wrote in “a friend’s name”. I told her that ‘i don’t think it would be right to write what one wrote as another’s writ’, very politely. But I guess she heard the sarcasm in it. People do have guts!

I am bored here. I might join some course just for the heck of spending time. Let’s see!

No comments: