Jan 26, 2013

The Outburst of an Indian Wife.

I am Indian.
I am a wife.
I married for love
because it is the modern age.

Earlier we had,
these silly reasons.
Money, status, family and fame.
They married for that
and lived with that.
For no one dared question.
No one dared change.

The winds of change has blown around.
The hearts of men have changed a bit
Not fully, I say.
Not fully, but bit.

I am an Indian,
I am a wife.
I have not changed; name - my own.
for the sake of it to be shown.
I have a job
and that was my dowry.
For the world knows
I can stand on my own,
if things go awry.

I do decide.
He does decide.
And we get to say
and stay together
in matters of life.

I am ninety now
and see my kids
married and in a total mess.
Maybe, they didnt learn
or try to see.
What husband did
to the life of me.

They live-in now,
dont have kids.
Earn for two
and spend for three.

No.
This aint what I
dreamt of then.
This aint what I predicted.
My husband is gone
And I am still here.
Hope he sees me
and my imminent fear.

Bless our sons,
Bless me too.
If you cant help this helpless soul,
you better now,
take me too.

Hubby,
Sometimes I wonder if Darwin was right.
Where did we go?
Forward or back?
Did we make mistakes?
Or did we do right?

No comments: