Feb 5, 2009

Yes, the times have changed...

There was a time when I thought that those who ate non veg food are all Hindus. :) [I didnt even know that there was a religion called Islam then. :) It was when I was a kid. :)]
--
There was a time when I thought that kerala had a flag. I asked mom what the color of the flag of Kerala was. [And she, being naughty, told me that in Indian flag, it is orange on top. In Kerala' flag, it is red. :- I believed her for quite some time!!]
--
There was a time when I thought advertisements happen in TV and they keep doing it all the same way, again and again. Always believed that they are paid cos they do it the same way every time. [ Though this never applied to films. :) Films were run by video cassettes alright. :)]
--
There was a time when I thought the one who controls the handle of the bike controls the bike. [I used to act too haughty when with my dad on the bike, thinking all would believe I was the one who was riding it. :D]
--
There was a time when I thought computer was the toughest thing to master. [Not that I have mastered everything now. But it is quite a familiar territory now. :) ]
--
There was a time when I didnt know riding a cycle needs balance. [And learnt cycling in a jiffy. Everyone was surprised though. It is a bit unbelievable. But it is the truth. Never fell once from it in the learning period :) After that of course yeah. :P]
--
There was a time when I thought I would not able to sleep alone. [I am exactly the opposite now, I value my privacy. :)]
--
There was a time when I feared ghosts. [Once in a while, I still wonder if I could meet up some supernatural stuff. ]
--
There was a time when I didnt know how to sign in to Yahoo. [There was in fact a time, when I and my friend went to a cafe to make an id for me and we ended up remembering the 'captcha' in the sign in form rather than my password. :D And entered the whole mail address instead of the id, while signing in. Needless to say, I never made it with that account. :D]
--
There was a time when I used to write with pencils. [I still remember the first time I was let to write with an ink pen. That day, my uniform was covered in ink and mom scolded me like hell. :) I still made ink patches on my uniform for almost an year before finally I managed to get hold of a ball point pen. :D]
--
There was a time when I was sad that I was only taller than a single gal in my class. [I had to stand in the front every time. how I hated it! That was when I was in class one.]
--
There was a time when I was[IS. :D] possessive about my dad and mom.
--
There was a time when I cut clothes just to know if the scissors could cut. [Was too inquisitive for my own good.. Dad still speaks about my adventures with nostalgia. :)]
--
There was a time when I cried because I was not recognized for what I did.
--
There was a time when I changed channels when it showed intimate moments. [ Now I do not. :D ]
--
There was a time when I feared my uncle. [Now he is wary about my straight forward statements.]
--
There was a time when I was scolded for my bad handwriting. It has not changed much. Though, now I type.
--
There was a time when I enjoyed seeing a dragonfly tied to a thread in my hands. [Now, I can not stand seeing anything or anyone being hurt now..]
--
There was a time when I thought I would become a teacher.
--
There was a time when I thought I would become an astronaut. [God knows what I am upto now. :D]
--
There was a time when I didnt know the multiplication table. [I am too lazy even now and depend on short cuts to find them. :P]
--
There was a time when my parents doubted if I would live. [Mom and dad still get tears in their eyes when they speak about those days. :)]
--
There was a time when I mistook one bus stand with another. [I still have this direction sensing problems. God knows what the man, who will end up with me, would do with me. :D]
--
There was a time when I lied about having fallen down and bruised my leg. [I donno. Once I really did fall down when someone pushed me. But that day I was scolded for lying by dad. :( Dad would not just believe me. ]
--
There was a time when I didnt know to whistle. [After I learnt how to, I make use of it whenever I can. :D ]
--
There was a time when I didnt find cat-calling cool. [I now, sometimes do it myself and I am cool. Hence proved. => Catcalling is cool. :D]
--
There was a time when I valued twenty paises and saved them. [Now those coins are ignored and lost in oblivion..]
--
There was a time when I payed 15 rupees as fees for a month at school.
--
There was a time when I wanted to be a nun. :D [Seriously!]
--
There was a time when I wanted a cassette player. [I own an iPod now. :)]
--
There was a time when I was scolded daily for having climbed the guava tree. [Every single day my dad would find me atop the tree when he comes home. :)]
--
There was a time when I thought a computer is Bill Gates' property. [ How stupid was I!]
--
There was a time when I was scolded for making a torch from the parts of a clock and a broom. [Was for my science project at school. Well, later when she and I started corresponding through mails, I told her I had felt bad about it. She mentioned it was only cos it had to look 'technical' when the examiners came. :) ]
--
There was a time when I thought western guys looked handsome. [YUCK!!!]
--
There was a time when I wanted to be a Japanese. [I would not mind dating a Japanese guy now. :P ]
--
There was a time when I thought Americans ruled the world. [Water bubbles are bound to burst. :) ]
--
There was a time when I wondered why we didnt have wings. [I still do. ]
--
There was a time wen I thought anything later than 5pm is late. [ I do not know whether I was wrong or right. :)]
--
There was a time when I thought you needed to remain unmarried to take a bachelor's degree. [Again my mom's work. :-| ]
--
There was a time when I used to practice lighting matches the whole day. [My sis does it now. :D]
--

Times have changed...

There was a time when I believed in true love.
There was a time when I loved the thought of being in love.
There was a time when...
Well, times have not changed much.... I am feeling really nostalgic right now. :)

4 comments:

smokecanopy said...

Wow, that was a wonderful trip down the memory lane! I could identify with some of those experiences myself. Now I think you should be writing a sequel to this, titled: "There will be a time.."

Durga Nandan said...

:) imagination has no bounds. so, the sequel will be too far fetched i guess. :)

Aw.S.M said...

DurgA durga durga...now u ve got me all nostalgic...the one with the kerala flag..the one with the recurring ads..the one with the bad handwriting...its all happened to me too yaar...now y did u have to make a post like this one..!!...:-)

Now i ll be thinking about this all day long...!!

NIce post di...really nice

Durga Nandan said...

:)
Yes. I miss my childhood.. Its innocence..
I thought these foolish thots occured to just me.. Whoa! You too dear! :)
N Thanks for going thru this yapping of mine. :)