Apr 15, 2013

Call Me Feminist. For all I care!

Indian society is predominantly patriarchal in nature how much ever it has 'claimed' that it has changed. Especially the men. When you are out with your man, unless you wear formals and look all 'I mean business', the serious talk goes to the man with you. All 'Oh! you look lovely ma'm!' and the similar lines are all you get.
The misconception that when a lady is all 'Indian' looking and with her guy on a meeting makes her an arm candy, has to change. I know, I cannot change it by this single blog post, but let me tell you, next time on a meeting, I will think umpteen times before I wear formal casuals (or anything at all casual) and about divulging the information that I am here with my man. (No offence to my man, he treats me like an angel straight out of heaven. But you know baby, I get real bugged about this 'you are a woman' thing they give me.)
Women, however judge another by how she looks and how it might increase her own visibility. Jealous a creed we are, we never understand that the other woman can look more awesome than you but can be a blockhead altogether or a great friend if you just gave it a chance. We kinda give the look 'Oh your skin starts 2 inches beneath all that make up' when someone is a tad better looking than us. No, I understand that we are wired differently. But lets realize this, looking all pretty and made up is good. But giving too much importance to looks just takes away your own value from other sources. For instance, your own brains.

Remember : Just cos you are the 'fairer' sex, does not mean you are the weaker one too.

No comments: