Jul 23, 2009

An Insider's Account.

Thought I would do a small work.

It seems really ridiculous, I thought, to identify all my group mates with their full names. But then I smiled... 'Cos,when I was in my K.G. classes, I used to do the same.. They used to scold me at first when we got together. I have changed it, now. But, my friends had already started to identify themselves using their full names. And now, Karthik P., Shyama Krishna, Varsha Chowdary and Abhimanyu Sharma. And me, Durga Nandan. I call them just their first names... Ah! I sometimes think.. Why do people get so influenced by friends? Even though it is just a year, that we had been together, we do have a bond between us. Invisible. Strong.

Karthik - tops the class. He knows about everything that runs under the sun. Ask him about anything that you would like to, he has his own views and knowledge about it.. I really wondered how he ended up at such a place.. He should have been doing some work there in the Harvard. Instead doing Political Science here... They say, he had a scholarship call from Harvard. I can't be sure. He never speaks much about himself. His life, is still in dark for me. Just know that he has a sis and that his parents are in the States, doing some business. Physically, 6 feet tall, dark, athletic and bespectacled. We ended up sitting near each other in the first class itself. And he borrowed a pen from me. That was how we first met. Next day, he had 'caught' a seat for me. From then on, the seat near him was mine and the one near me was his. There was even a rumor in the first month that we were dating. "*(%^$%!!" Every time a gal and a guy are seen together, they are dating!! The society has nothing else to infer. But within sometime, as we both didnt mind what the heck the public thought, they slowly started minding just their own business... We discuss anything about anything under the sun. You just get lost in what he is speaking. He has this karishma which I have never seen in a guy before. I just love being with him..

Varsha - A cute and silent gal, with long plaited hair. She was what I called shy, at first glance [even afterward..]. She does not talk much. But, is a wonderful help whenever you are in need of one... And an average scholar.. [That is by the inside of our insti standards.] Her parents, the chowdarys, are local residents. Just twenty minutes from the campus. But she stays at the hostel. Never told me why.. But I am happy she is here. She is the closest gal I ever had in my life. I have never been able to identify much with gals.. May be cos the gals I had been with, had never much effect on me.. i.e. positively.. Either they were gossipers or overly secretive. Or carried a lot of venom in their hearts. This gal was fine.. Just the right mix for me to be comfortable with. Not too inquisitive, not too withdrawn. Her marriage is fixed. With a businessman. A wealthy guy. Told me they own a large business and all that. Her family is also not bad. Her dad is into export business. Of clothes. She is a bit to the bulkier side and fair, has a sweet voice. 5'3". Someone whom a guy would most certainly fall for . [Hehe, unlike me. :D] We met during a pair work. The interview work. I really liked her reserved attitude and could just be myself with her.

Then comes my dear Shyama Krishna...

[To be continued...]

No comments: