Aug 20, 2009

Two Dreams...

I had these dreams yesterday night.
I have weird dreams.. Most of them make no sense when retold. But you know, these happened to be striking and understandable for the others..

1) A 'man', looking like a devil, showing me a map..
Of a maze. Routes marked in green. and some green '6's in between.

And he is telling me
"This is the maze you crossed. And you have reached here." *Pointing the end of the path.*
I see the map shows a graveyard surrounding the end point.
"Hey, how do I go back?"
"You cant. This is the end of your journey."

Didnt know if I should have been happy I completed the quest or sad of its implications. I kinda had a numb feeling in the dream. The 'feelingless' feel...
And dont know what made me see such a dream..

2) This one is much more understandable. A slightly humorous situation.

I am an onlooker of a military camp scene. A soldier walks out of the camp. And a commoner, who was waiting for his turn to get inside to provide the camp with some service, gets up into attention position and salutes the soldier.

"Why did you salute me?"
"I respect soldiers. I salute any time them I see one."
"Then you better not get inside the camp. They will think you are having a repetitive seizure." And he walks away.

I laugh. The commoner is clueless. :D

5 comments:

AnjuGandhi said...

don't let the dreams bother you. I know it is easy to say. even i get perturbed if the dream is not with a happy ending.
acc to Freud and karl jung dreams are nothing but something which is there in our subconscious mind.
although at times( after a spell of somewhat impossible and unheard of dream) I wonder how could I have such irrelevant and irrational thoughts in my mind. but such are the ways of our mind

Anonymous said...

Every end has a new beginning, so you can be happy about the implications :)

Nothing ever ends.Everything reappears in one form or the other. May be the man was your own mind testing you with such a situation!

Durga Nandan said...

No no.. Anjuji, I never said it bothered me. I said the dreams I get are weird. :)

@ Surya : May be. :) Not that I fear death in any form.
If such situation arise, I wud join devil and rule hell. ;)
hehe. :D
Cheerz!

Amit Kumar Singh said...

About dreams I do agree with AnjuGandhi.
Freud had done many research on dreams, his whole pyschoanalysis was based on interpretation of dreams.
Scientifically dreams are main reason to obstruct a sound sleep..

In between, ur first dream is quite spiritual and 2nd humourous

cheers!! :)

Durga Nandan said...

Hey, that nut case Freud has also said that babies think of sex while they have milk from lactating mothers. *roll eyes!*
Now, I donno how he 'found' it out.
And for heavenssake, he cant know what a baby thinks before it can say even 'ma'!

But I agree with you, they do disrupt REM.:)
Cheerz dear! :)