Aug 9, 2009

The Different Pits..

May be, I should have gotten along with a single blog rather than the six, I own now.

------
I have read about Naranathu Branthan [a 'mad' man, an enlightened soul.], one of the twelve children of a 'parayi' [a dalit]. Those twelve, ended up being good in their own fields.
Now, one day, this Naranathu Branthan goes to his eldest bro's [Agnihotri] place. As they say, Agnihotri was taken in by a Brahmin family and considered himself of higher status than the rest of his kin. And had a lot of misconceptions 'cos of his this ignorance.

So, back to the story, Naranath Branthan, reached Agnihotri's place in the morning. And asked the antarjanam [a brahmin's wife] to inform Agnihotri that he has arrived to see Agnihotri.

And got an answer that Agnihotri was in pujas for Ganapathy. Naranath Branthan dug a pit with a stick in the front yard of Agnihotri's home, while he whiled his time.

After half an hour, he inquired again and got the reply "Agnihotri is doing pujas for Shiva". Another pit.

Another half an hour, "Indra", another pit.

Again, after half an hour, another deity... and so on and so forth.
Every time he got a different reply, Naranath Branthan dug a new pit.

Finally, near noon, Agnihotri came out. Adorned with Bhasma and flowers from pujas.
And sees his front yard full of pits.

"What is this bro?"
"Nothing, every time you prayed, I dug a pit."
"What do you intend to tell me?"
"If I had dug a single pit, it would have become a well now. And I would have gotten water from it. My thirst could have been quenched."

------
I wish I could combine the whole stuff. Really. :(

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful :-)

OH, seriously u should have had only one blog...or else you should atleast invite me to view all those blogs of yours...*makes an angel face*

Amit Kumar Singh said...

That's gr8;
So beautifully,you have complemented your views with such a nice instructive story....

Durga Nandan said...

@ ramya : :)
lemme find out if i have any ways to combine the stuff. may be not my poetry blog, but the rest, i might combine.
and about the rest of the blogs, i have to first make it presentable. in some way or the other.

please wait ms "angelface" :)

Durga Nandan said...

@ Amit : :) Thank you dear. :)