Dec 13, 2008

A Century's Lesson...

Things are beautiful only if they are incomplete. Once complete, it loses its beauty. Yesterday, it was said to be the brightest moon of the century. And I [hopefully] expected it to bring out the hidden emotions in me.. Making me da^n romantic and long for love. Cos moonlight has always been a part of romance. And romance, incomplete without a reference to moonlight. [At least for those imaginative birds like me. :) ]

I eagerly waited for the night to come yesterday and as soon as the moon was up, I went out onto the terrace to admire the beauty of the most bright moon of the century. But the scene was not at all romantic. :( At least, not with thaaat bright moon. It certainly looked like a cool evening when sun is visible but not in its fury. And here, moon was shining with all its glory. But something, was missing. May be, I always enjoyed the imperfection of moon.. And to say the truth, I found my romantic self stirring, only when I moved a bit nearer to the trees and looked at it again from the shadows of those trees. :)

I either would start penning, or would find myself, daydreaming, in 'mind-blowingly' romantic moments. And I didn't find any longing for it, when I moved back to the clear area. But surely felt like clicking a pic of the so very bright moon hiding behind the [dark]green.. :)

Hark! Little did I think before, that moon is beautiful cos it is imperfect. Cos it changes daily. Cos of those cute black spots on it. That, perfection is a turn off in itself. I wonder why it never got my notice before.. May be cos, I never saw anything change from imperfect to suddenly "very near perfect". I wish.. Moon would always be imperfect. So that, moonlight is enticing forever.

No comments: