Oct 15, 2010

My first post, triggered by an HR conclave happening here on campus. Had to wear formals. These days, almost every day I wear formals. I have to.
What did I learn today?

That it is not the duty of the HR people to keep employees happy. They just make sure performance happens.
Another thing, HR people mostly look for students who match their company values. Most of the time, they need people who can work FOR them and not work WITH them.
World is filled with people. But not talented ones. It is the job of an HR personnel to find those rare talents and retain them.
Whatever is replaced, HR people can not be replaced by technology. At least, not in near future.
I also knew that, most people think HR people do not work at all. "All they do is send mails and travel around." How very wrong!
And it is not about what they want, but what is best for the company and its people that we transform into policies.
Wishing some HR company would soon come and take me so I could get a hang of it and finalize my specialization,
Jo

2 comments:

Arun said...

Guess even u wud laugh at now if u read this again :)

Durga Nandan said...

:D :D I am grinning. :D
no further comments. :P