Oct 26, 2010

Karvachauth Thoughts..

I walked into my college today to see a beautiful lady, all dressed up in saree for the class. Wondering why she was all dressed up, I remembered, it was Karvachauth today. And then I suddenly loved that lady all the more. Something you dont see in a Bschool. Anyways, when I came back, I researched on this and found out some interesting facts about this tradition.

It was initially a tradition that recognized your god-sister at your in-laws place. It had nothing to do with husbands. But then, we always commercialize love. So, husband was dragged in later. But then, doing it for your husband, I am all in for it. :)
Karva means clay pot and not sieve.
Wonder how many women do it these days...
But the men must always feel happy, someone somewhere is forgoing food for him. :)

PS- I dont like the idea of "pativrata" standing alone. I advocate a "patnivrata" too to be existent.

No comments: