Sep 28, 2013

Copy? Or Create? -On Individuality.

I do not understand why parents have to indoctrinate their belief system into their kids. Religion, organization of stuff, way of living.. Now, one boils milk and then puts tea. Someone else puts tea at another time. Both get tea for heavenssake! One believes in a christian god the other in a hindu god and yet another does not give a damn to any of these. All of them die in the end!

And I will get mad if I get into the religious fanaticism part of it. I dont care if 'your god' protects the crap out of people. I am an atheist. At least borders atheism. I dont understand crap like,"god decided to bless us cos we pray but decided to kick syria's(or afghanistan) ass cos they are a pack of blasphemic individuals." God is a pretty selfish fill up the blanks if that is the case. "Blessed are not those that are hungry for righteousness, but those that pray to me 5 times a day." Wonderful!

Nobody cares if you are very Monica-ish about cleanliness and orderliness. Some dont want their homes all freakishly clean or ordered 'according to size' and arranged alphabetically. People live in homes. Not run a military camp. They like it their way. That is one reason why we call it "their home" and not yours! Clean your house. Nobody cares. They have done stuff in their houses that way cos they like it that way. Not cos it pleases you. Your liberty stops when it starts interfering in someone else's life. Nobody cares if you prefer living the other way. They have their own ways. Let that be!

The nosy stuff :  For instance, I dont like it when you follow me around asking if it was a message on my phone or if you start peeping into my laptop. I hate noses poked in my business. Period. I dont like anyone even touching my phone. Let alone know wtf someone messaged me. Get a da*n life please!

I have seen some parents who do not let their kids do things independently. They like having control over every bit of their kids' lives. From deciding what to wear to buying stuff for them to deciding where to invest. Now, if you have the balls to earn, you should know where to invest or spend. At least have some basic bloody idea! Otherwise it is just bills given to a baboon. DO NOT run around asking
 'mummy mummy and daddy daddy,
 here is my money
please invest it for me!"
There is a reason it is called your money.

A word to the future parents : You should let your kids have a mind of their own. Not make them do stuff you want, the way you like for as long as you like it. It is blasphemy of personal freedom if you ask me. It is your kid, not an origami paper you can shape into whatever just because you 'own' it. Let them find out and venture out. Dont make them a doctor or engineer just because you are one or you think they should be one -or the worst kind,- cos you could not be one. They are not you. They have an organ called the brain. Dont make it a vestigial organ. You do not ask a child not to walk cos it falls down. You lend a hand but leave it once in a while so that the child can walk on its own. A parent who does everything for his child is evidently crippling it. In every sense.

I know of a man who does not even know how much the local repair shop could cost you for some repairs. And he is married. Has a family of his own. Every time he needs something done, he runs to 'daddy'. Daddy what do I do for this? For that? And instead of making him do it, 'daddy' does it for him. How long? For how long?
Or he goes about making stupid mistakes like getting chairs that will break if you sit on it. Or paying Rs150 for 2 kms. All that crappy beliefs about 'not having a god' being blasphemy... Atheists are just as fine ass all these believers. FYKI, a 3 am wake up call for prayers is not in anyone's to do list. A 'my mummy/daddy said so.' is not a good enough reason. After Lower KG that is.

This mummy daddy syndrome will only make very dependent individuals who have no clue how to live in a society on their own. And in turn these individuals, if I may call them so, will produce more copies of theirs in time. More "major repair needed" copies.

Please let your children think. Do things on their own. Let them be independent. Let us face it, they have to live on even after you start resting in your perpetual graves.

No comments: