Nov 21, 2008

The other day at NITC.. :P

The other day, to be precise, on 16th November, I had gone to Calicut. More like a tour than a lovely little exam… I was so lavishly carefree that I wondered if there was any sense in this journey, than to waste some money. And so, the early morning journey, with nothing but a small matching handbag and a smile, took me to Calicut. The exam was in our Kendriya Vidyalaya, a different one though. I saw people from different states and cultures together… Most of them immersed in discussions about the exam, pattern and strategy. I was wondering if I fit into this scene. With my friends near me and us talking about the money we lost in applying and traveling… and then a car came and stopped in front of us. I saw a gal was immersed in a book, inside it. The figures I saw didn’t make any sense to me. Of course, I knew I was a goner. Not that I had any ‘hope’ before. :D

I went. I wrote. I forgot. This would be how I would describe my exam.

And then after the exam, we walked back to the place where we could board a bus. And I started off to NITC and my friends, to our hometown.

I reached the so called NITC after some 2-hour’s journey. And was damn hungry by then. I had already smsed my cousin that I needed a sumptuous lunch or rather should I mention that it was already 3.30 and hence may not count as lunch?

Getting down at the destined stop I looked around for a familiar face waiting for me. But alas! No one was there. And so, I walked a bit assuming, as always, my feet knew better than brain about the way. Well, this time it seemed I was right. There it was, the grand gates of the NITC. [OK Not so grand though. :P Golden paint does not imply grandeur.]

As I got into it, I kept on smsing my stupid cousin. “Come over you @%^(^&$%!!” Well, I waited. I talked. To the god-knows-who, who was sitting there on watchman duty - About every single detail of my visit; Whom am I going to meet. Who will come for me there. How do I know them all. Are there guys and gals… where would I stay. Goddamit. When he started off with my family matters, I pretended I got a call and escaped. That is when I remembered, god, I had frijo inside this place. Why was I waiting!! I could just call him and ask him to come as well. Well, I called him up and mentioned that I was there. Waiting.

Within minutes he was visible, from the farthest end of Rajpath from me. And I recognized that round head, even from that distance. J Well, he was on his cycle [an attempt to reduce that excess fat on his body or what I don’t know.] As he neared I found his face all disfigured with a “small” growth of hair. God, he looked like a forty year old! And then, I saw a small head at the other side of the road approaching us. It was the one and only Elnammu! My cousin. K Well, as gals, we always take a lot of time to dress up. But only when a gal waits for a gal, do we realize how pathetic our dates feel. :)

As soon as my dear Elnammu approached, I pointed at my friend and said, “ithaadi sneham… [This is love yaar!] Her face contorted in a moment in anger and jealousy. :D [It is nice to irritate her, I remembered. :D Those days I spent with her bro, irritating her at her home… Wow!! It would require another post to mention that fun.] But she didn’t say anything else rather than try to smile, in which she was obviously failing. So, finally her face looked like a “beautiful buffoon”. :D

Satisfied seeing her face and the contentment of making her angry and jealous, I turned back to my friend and said, “ Why can’t you shave off that stupid beard? It looks ugly.”

“You don’t know the tensions of an engineer. We run around too busy. I am having my project presentation. I am too busy these days.”

“Even to shave?”

“Yeah. Even to shave.”

I was wondering how anyone could be too busy to even take time shave n look good. :? It seemed there were unlucky fellows like that too. :P

“Oh nammukkathonnum arinjude… nammalu paavam oru sadharana degree-kkari. Nammale verthe vittekk"

He grinned on this.

After that, we enquired about each other’s well being and of course, after a brief mention of the stupid “rat’s enemy”, I left off with my cousin to wherever-the-heck! And him, to his project.

Instead of going to the hostel, we scampered off to the canteen. For heavenssake! I was hungry as a bear. [Not literally though. :P] I had my lunch and tea [together!] and we slowly walked across the road and off to the LH, [Ladies Hostel].

At last, I had secure accommodation. :P

As we walked on, I saw a gal riding a bike. [Yes. You read right “a gal!”] As I saw that, my adrenaline rushed through my veins [or arteries or wateva!] and I screamed. :D I love biking. :D [Though these days dad thinks it is not ‘politically right’ for a gal to ride bikes. :| ] Once upon a time I used to ride bikes too. But that was a real ‘once upon a time’ :(

I whistled and catcalled!! Man!! That was real cool!!! My cousin whispered into my ears “This is our ‘chekkan’. ” she whooshed past us! And I jeered and cheered and catcalled and wateva!! My cousin, who believes in being a typical mallu gal, all very disciplined and conventional, gave me an angry whisper “Now shut up! We are near our faculty quarters.”
“So?”
“So, they will hear your catcalls!!”
“So what!” I put my tongue out to irritate her, if I had not already done that. :D
“God!! You will destroy my ‘manam’ here.” [‘Status’ in a wide assumption.] And she made me wonder how come she had a “status” there!!

Since our chekkan had gone beyond vicinity, I shut up. And of course, since I could not go back now, I was not about to be denied accommodation just bcos of some catcalls. :D

Well, as I turned and looked at where we were heading, I saw two faces, slowly emerging from the far end of the lane. As their bodies became visible, I found both were typically in the same shirt. more like cartoons printed on them. :P

“Serina and mols” she whispered again. As I tried recognizing their faces from that distance [from the pics my cousin showed me in her hols [Oh, they were a torture, sitting for hours looking at some stupid videos, all eually boring :( ] ], I knew I was in for memories for a lifetime [?] …

shesham adutha episode-il. :P [Continued in the next episode.] [Read I am too lazy to complete this right now.] :D

PS- My cousin has been bugging me to blog on her stupid college from the moment I left that place. please bear with me. :( Anyone who catches the "bored-off-my-a**" disease, please blame her. :P n not me. :D thanks in advance. :D -Joe.

4 comments:

a j said...

congrats
ente pengale choriyunna ninaku sakala saukhyangalum vannu bavikkatte
ayurarogyavum sandanalbdhiyum matella pandarangalum undavatte
amen

Durga Nandan said...

eashwara!!!! danks anthappa.. :D
btw, pandaram undavan prathyekam prarthikkano? :P neeyille? :D

rameez said...

durga i neva knew you had a blog like this as well..
i thought you had only that one for your poems.
this one's cool!
though i would really would have liked if you published the reminder and took me to the LH..
..er...

Durga Nandan said...

haha!! just now, saw this comment ramz. :D
btw, poems r from durga. :) this is from joe..anyways.. i will bring out the next part real soon.. :)
i will scrap u as soon as it is published..
need some external help to errr... recall stuff. :P[bad memory u know..:D]