Jun 9, 2009

Yet Another Marriage Post.

Everywhere I turn, I see posts on marriage, marriage and marriage. It freaks me out. :(

I see marriages happening. News of engagements. Lil gals suddenly declaring they are engaged.
And the lil gangs suddenly serious and giggly and then back to serious. Many of my batchmates are mothers now. And still more, expecting. Lots married and others engaged. Goodness god!! Am I old??? Or were they early? And suddenly after they get married they have a new niche and charm arround them. The 'I-have-a-family-and-am-perfectly-happy' look. I get jealous at times. But when it comes to the real thing, the jealousy vanishes and.. Something else replaces.

The questions of 'do you know cooking washing blah blah blah' only irritates me.
And yes, to an extent, I say I dont know a lot of things, just to irritate the questioner. But the thought of the real thing... It... donno.. I can watch people getting married. But me? No not me.

For one, it needs self dependence. [At least I dont want to be a parasite.]
Then, survival techniques. [also called cooking and cleaning (No. I am not generalizing that to gals. But to say I do not know, would make a hard blow on my pride.) . ]
The maturity [Which many of my friends have mentioned I do not have. And I personally dont feel I am mature enough for it.]
The preparedness for responsibility. [ A new family is a new responsibility.]
Completely new surroundings. New people. New situations to tackle..
The thoughts of whether you ll be liked by the family or not..

Ah! I just go almost zero to score on these. I have a remote idea why people keep asking my parents whether they are searching.. But I can tell you this. With conviction. Though sooner or later I ll have to get 'locked' in a wedlock, it is certainly NOT soon. The thought freaks me. Just freaks me!!! :(
I really really really thank god for the kind of parents I have who think I have to be on my own before I get something like that to add to my 'worries'. :)

PS- On the upper side, I can see the joy of a new home and the love of a man. But right now, I need to score on the others. Especially the self dependence section.

8 comments:

AnjuGandhi said...

people who are married they are not happy and people who are not even they are not happy.
marriage is all about how you adjust with each other. and success of marriage depends on the endurance level of both the partners, understanding of each other and both of them should be able to leave their egos aside( upto a limit) .then only marriage works.
but i think one should get married.

Anonymous said...

he he... What were u tryin to say???
wanna get married or not at all? lol.. As i always used to say, everythin has its own time, Joe.. we can never stop them happenin.. who knows, soon i may get a weddin invite from you.. :D
But, as u think, the responsiblities of a gal after her marriage r not that tough, involvement alone is required.. It'll come our way as we go thru it..
So dun b upset thinkin abt them all now itself, my sweet.. :):):)

Durga Nandan said...

@ Anjuji : i know the requirements. but i was just mentioning that i am not yet ready for it and that i do not have many of those requirements with me, right now. :)
hey, how are u related to THE Gandhi? :? :) Am I intruding??

@ Mia : there is no question of 'not at all'. :P i will get married. just that i do not feel ready for it now.
and no. not now. or soon. everything has its own time. and its not yet time. :)

responsibilities WILL be there. active involvement alone wont work.
just cos u involve urself, the thing may not be a success. u need to take responsibility and feel accountable.

but like u said, i shud nt be worrying.. but the sudden frenzy in the surroundings.. it just frightens me. :D

Durga Nandan said...

incidentally, i just received engagement snaps of a friend RIGHT now. :( man........!!!! :(

Anonymous said...

yes.. i read gayathri's and amith's and varun's posts on people around them getting married.. now you! seems like a marriage season!
no one around me is getting married...one of my cousin's parents were planning to get her married.. but she somehow managed to get a job...so even lost that chance to write a marriage post. None of my batch mates are getting married. :-|

Durga Nandan said...

no. its better u dont find urself n our shoes.
it can worry u too i guess. :)

Anonymous said...

hey i didn't say responsibilites wont be there..i said itz not dat hard.. :) I'm experiencin a part of that now, thus, said it..

Durga Nandan said...

:)