Mar 29, 2011

Bad Apples And The Good Ones...

The other day, I was walking back from college. We, I and my friend, had reached the main road outside. On the way, we met 4 guys from my batch. Well, as anywhere, there will be bad apples and good apples in a basket of 'em. They were considered bad by most. I donno cos I have only heard of their 'baddisms' and am not really in close encounters with them. Except for them teasing me with something or other once a while- in a normal way- So, then, who am I to judge? And they were smoking. While I passed they kept calling me back. We kept walking. [My friend had to go buy her medicines so I just hung around a bit farther.] After sometime, I thought, WTH, I ll just go back and talk to them. I go talk to them and well, they behaved their 'normal' except for me taking the cigarette out from one of the ones-who-talked-to-me's mouth and told him "you ll smoke after we talk." And somehow, he was ok with it..
Some time later, I said my byes and started walking back.
The next day, one of my friends [senior] come and ask me "Are you having trouble with the bad apples?"
"No why?"
"Yesterday night, we saw you talking to them. And since it was the bad apples, we thought something must be wrong."

Well, since the 'bad apples' were 'famous' about their escapades, when they saw me talking, they decided to watch out for me. They were standing somewhere across the street and left only after I left. In between, they even had gotten ready to come over when "one of them who talked" also thought he should hold me while talking. Well, I remember pushing his hand away. They saw me walking back and had left.
Neither me, nor the bad apples knew this happened. I felt so good when I came to know that they thought of helping me out if I had trouble. And I think bad apples are only bad apples to people who let them be bad apples.
I never let them. So, they never became.
I went and thanked each of those in the group for thinking of helping me.
One of them replied "All a man can do." Yes, all a real man can do. :)
I am happy to be with people like you guys! :)
Will miss a lot of my friends from that batch :)


Cheerz!
DN

No comments: