Apr 2, 2009

Romance in the air.. Let it be. Shh..!

I was searching for songs online and saw a very rare pic of Rahman in his early career. I remembered those days when the Roja was a total hit. The muZic made me literally fall in love with him. His talent made me awed. And to this day I love him. The long hairs left flowing.. the thick eyebrows.. big round eyes.. that silent look. He is really handsome. Hehe.. :) Un[/]fortunately, he is married. [:P] [fortunate for him and unfortunate for me.. hehehe :D]

Suddenly I spotted a song link.. 'Duniya Haseeno Ka Mela..' This took my memory back to some 90's.. [God. I feel old. :P] This song must have been one of the first to bring out the romantic soul in me.. The very first but was 'Mera Mann'. I have no idea which film either is from. But I can still get back to that innocent romantic feel when I listen to them. The first time I heard Mera Mann was while having dinner in a restaurant during a tour. And I suddenly wanted to dance around. Waltz rather. Later, throughout the night I sat staring outside the window of the bus thinking sweet romantic things. It is an awesome feeling. I still get it when I am alone and travelling. Especially during nights. It reminds me of my first romantic moments. There was no particular guy in my mind while I listened to the song. But a faceless someone who would love me with passion was carved somewhere in the back of my mind in those moments.
I guess, the image I formed during those times still serve as a standard scale when I evaluate a man.


I used to be pretty imaginative about romance. The nearer I got to the reality, the more practical I became. And hence, this innocent romantic feeling I had, got buried somewhere in the chaos of life. As I said, I still get the feeling when I am alone.. But li'l would those dreams come true. :) Not that I mind. Cos as soon as you get something, the value diminishes considerably. No. I want to treasure those moments of joy. Forever. :)

11 comments:

ranjitha said...

"Cos as soon as you get something, the value diminishes considerably. No. I want to treasure those moments of joy. Forever. :)"

Loved this sentence.. very true.. thou many dont realise..

Even i go to fantasies listening to romantic songs.. They can do wonders u knw!

Nice innocent post..

Onward said...

awwwww....that was so sweet...but towards the end very true too...

"Cos as soon as you get something, the value diminishes considerably.

that is soo true...so temme durga does the faceless someone have a face now??

btw...isnt mera mann a really lame song?? ;-)

Durga Nandan said...

:)

@rajitha : They say I think too much.
Those who dont realize, let them go on being happy. :)

And I understand. ;) Songs have been doing wonders to me, my whole life. :)

And thanks for dropping in dear. :)

Durga Nandan said...

@ Ami : Danks da.. :)

Durga always had one. Her nandan. :)

And lets not get to the real life Durga,'Joe' cos she is a total loser in those kinda stuffs. :D

Dont please hurt my very 'sensitive mind' [:P] by calling that song lame. :( It is close to my heart. :) I do not find anything wrong with it. :P

rameez said...

good one, joe...
that was very right about our beautiful phase in life when we fantasize with that faceless someone...

i must say i liked that "the nearer i got to reality the more practical i became". You are very lucky that you still get that pure and innocent feeling, even after being contaminated by, in your own words, the chaos of life...

cheers.

Durga Nandan said...

:) And I thought it was just me with that faceless someone in mind. :)

Anonymous said...

nice post.
last para took it to greater heights :D
P.S - sorry for late comment. I was actually busy with nothing. One of those weeks when i am busy for nothing.

Durga Nandan said...

thanks ramya.. :)

ps- i understand. :)
i know how difficult it is to have nuthing to do and manage to find time for trivia. :(
even i experience times like that. :P

Anonymous said...

'got buried somewhere in the chaos of life'??? :( :(
Miss you dear.. couldn't spend tym..

Durga Nandan said...

:)
Its always wokey dear.. :) Yup. Buried in the chos of life. :)
Thanks for making up some time.. :)

Anonymous said...

:)