Apr 9, 2009

Yesterday. I was completely mad. Mad as M-A-D mad. Just venting my frust. Nothin else in this entry.

On my way back from a very tiring day at office, [Note : I already have a slight headache.] I unfortunately got into a bus with a driver who thought the horn was some kind of a toy to amuse his muZical senses. Would not just remove his hand from the button.Kept on honking different loud 'tunes' ceaselessly, that I really had to plug my ears with fingers.
Adding to my misery, the owner thought it was better to have two horns in the bus instead of one. And this guy was trying remixes with them in his 'spare time' as a driver.

"One honk there, one on here. One beneath the steer and one on the road."

I wanted to ask him whether the godda^n horn worked on 'nothing'. Blasting away two wheelers and four wheelers from his path if they had the ill luck of crossing his path. Seriously bored he was, I guess, to resort to these kinda 'deadly' games while driving.
Even if there were no vehicles in front, he carried on his honking. Such screeching screeming sounds!! :( I thought it was better to get as far from him as possible.

And I ended up near the conductor, who had a bell of his own. [Roll eyes with frust!] Now don't underestimate his belling capacity. He had a freakish sounding one for his own use, more like an obsession for him and made my life hell again.

I changed my position again to the far inside of the bus. This time I ended up near the speaker. And some bloody Reshammiya remix was it. God. I felt the driver was better and scooted from there.

The journey ended soon and just as I got down, the door checker gave me a parting whistle blown right into my poor ears. Thanking god that it was finally over, I walked back home wondering about the plight of the ones in the bus who travelled till the last stop. [Incidentally, the driver n conductor.. What about them? :? ]

I wonder how I can express my disdain. They gifted me a lasting blasting headache. Thanks to them. :-|

PS- It's time we had a law that punished @%#%#$ who made public nuisance with horns n songs like this. Not that it would be followed [so very like our other laws. :-| ] . But just for the heck of it! Ah would love to see Reshammiya jailed first. :P The police would learn a lesson. :D :D

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

there are some pure idiots who honk so much and drive insanely! Thank god, I am rid of bus traveling now. It used to be great problem to travel in buses here to go for morning special classes!
By the way...where do u work? In radio station or in some other creative place (considering that u make awesome ads and put them on orkut!)

Anonymous said...

yeah well not all days are the same is it?

Durga Nandan said...

@ Ramya : hehe.. Thanks... :) But not awesome ads.. The ones you see are experiments.. :)
I am doing my interns at an ad agency rit now. Not exactly working. :) Rather learning to work..
And taking a break. Would continue my studies soon. :)
Did my radio jockey one during my degree classes.. :) Quit later on..

Durga Nandan said...

@ abhishek : Nope.. Not all days are the same.. But days like this stay in ur memory for loooooong. :(