Aug 8, 2009

The Every Something...

Now, I had this friend in school, who was beautiful by all normal and extraordinary parameters.
Fair, plump with right amount of everything in the right places, tall, sweet talking, brainy in the slabs of more than average and what not!
Now, I -OK that is a confession, so what!- used to go jealous on her. A lot. Guys just flocked behind her and every time she appeared around one of the corners, guys just turned heads in unison. Instances like me talking [or rather arguing with] a guy, when suddenly she turned around one of the corners and he stopped everything to ogle, always *made* my day.

OK, in the jealousy stuff and Pink love, I am a perfect gal. But then, you cant blame me. :P Blame my XX.
I was that average Jane with nothing more than passable looks and a lanky figure and tomboyish attitude. I used to get into fights with guys and was considered a feminist even by my teachers. Still am. But now they call me someone for equality than for feminism. My views on that would require yet another post.
Anyways, so I wondered why the hue and cry, which later on made me decide that looks mattered a lot more than anything else. And sweet talking. Now, there was this me who would argue if I found something wrong, be it with even a teacher. Talk about sweet talk!
I had left as in *discarded* my thoughts about being even liked by a guy. I was just not the type. Not that I really minded. Facts, minded or not, remain facts. :)
Life went on. And I grew up. If not mentally -still a baby there- physically and psychologically. Got in touch with guys, mostly through some debates on equality or social stigmas and the like. And interestingly, let me tell you, those guys stuck around. And even now ask for my opinion whenever some serious issues come up.

Now, the more close we got, I found out a lot of things about guys. The looks part comes secondary to them. Not that they dont give a second look to a "gorgeous gorge", but would end it with that or a night of thought about her.
When it comes to real life and a long relationship, they all need a gal with presentable looks -yeah looks do matter, but not to the extent of saying saying no cos of just that.- , intelligence, manners, character and the like, and yeah, respect for elders, which never figures when they are on flings. I was surprised.

When I look back, my worries were baseless. I am in for long term relationships and just them. And those, look green for me. So, even if I were ogled at in school, I would have had to work again, to be the one for life. Hehe.. So in a way, I was almost more prepared for what I wanted, than lots, just that my day was yet to come.
You know, they say "Every *something* has a day! ;)

6 comments:

Gayathri said...

Yeah..every 'jyotsna' has a day!!!:P
btw,there was a tall damsel in our batch??i never noticed??!! is that 'the one',the fugitive????

Durga Nandan said...

yeah. THE fugitive.
I didnt want to mention the rest of the story here.. hehe.. why dirty my blog?! :P

Gayathri said...

loool..ppl used to turn around for a second glance?? i thot she stopped by so that ppl could comfortably ogle or do whatever with her :P

Durga Nandan said...

:) may be..
it is not an overstatement either. :)

btw, u just dirtied my blog. :P

a j said...

cumon jealous gals. just stop bitching :P

Durga Nandan said...

I aint jealous now. I was. not now. :)

and abt bitching.. man u aint seen real bitching then. :P
thanks for dropping in though bro. :) luv ya!